Diesel Dave breakfast TD cook

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is my cook thread for the DD breakfast TD. I don't have many pics as it was my luck that it started raining a bit and I was more focused on getting it finished than anything else. The first pic is the star: the BACON. This was an applewood smoked bacon that my daughter said was the best she has ever had. The finished pic is the plate including a western omelette with candied jalapenos added for a kick and extra cheese, hash brown patties, biscuits with grape jelly, bacon and black coffee.
Here's to Dave, and the brethren that have gone on before us. Thin blue, my friends.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_132150380.jpg
    IMG_20200201_132150380.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20200201_135005037.jpg
    IMG_20200201_135005037.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 437
That looks delicious, Ron!

Candied Jalapeños in the omelette!? Yeah, I'm going to have to try that here soon.

Very fitting Tribute breakfast, mind you I wouldn't eat for the rest of the day

What time is breakfast tomorrow Ron?

Marty, tomorrow I'm going to be putting chips on the shelves as fast as I can get my hands to move (Frito-Lay/Superbowl Sunday), so if you would like to come help, I will cook a breakfast just like that for you and Nellie.

Ron, that would make Dave Proud!
Applewood smoked Bacon is the best! And the candied Jalapenos are a good touch for that "kicking it up a notch". Extra cheese, what else?

This is my cook thread for the DD breakfast TD. I don't have many pics as it was my luck that it started raining a bit and I was more focused on getting it finished than anything else. The first pic is the star: the BACON. This was an applewood smoked bacon that my daughter said was the best she has ever had. The finished pic is the plate including a western omelette with candied jalapenos added for a kick and extra cheese, hash brown patties, biscuits with grape jelly, bacon and black coffee.
Here's to Dave, and the brethren that have gone on before us. Thin blue, my friends.

Ron this looks awesome!
Is this on a tabletop 17" griddle? I was thinking about taking a look at one of these. If that is what you are cooking on here it looks to have pretty good cooking area. Does get up to heat well? Thanks

Ron this looks awesome!
Is this on a tabletop 17" griddle? I was thinking about taking a look at one of these. If that is what you are cooking on here it looks to have pretty good cooking area. Does get up to heat well? Thanks

That one is a table top, 17", but there is a larger 22" model out in case you need just a little extra room. Of course, it is hotter right over the burners, but like any other cooker, watch the hot spots and move stuff around and you will be fine.

Back