Pulled Pork for Graduation Party

Smokey-T

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to be doing (6) pork butts in a few weeks and getting the planning underway. I have done these before, but always done cooking the day of eating.

Party is on a Saturday at 4PM. I would like to cook Thursday afternoon on my GOSM gasser with supplimental smoke from Big Kahuna until 140F and then pull and put in my ceramic Primo Oval XL w/ CyberQ running for the overnight. Reasoning - more and better controlled smoke on GOSM/Kahuna. and More controll on temp/longevity on Primo.

First - any problems with my approach?

Second - Say pork is done Friday morning. What is the appropriate way to handle/store until party? and what would best reheat option be? Electric roaster or ??

Thanks for the help!

Ted

just a suggestion...

Ask a local Brethren brother who will drive to BBQ ...
... and will smoke thru Friday-Saturday with the butts.
... willing to bring the gear to fully back you up.
... chafing dishes will be brought.

picture.php

[ooh, ooh, Mr. Kotter... pick me!!!!]

Smokey-T...............................;}-

No problem with doing Pork ahead of time. Easiest way to do it is cook ahead and pull(shred) when done, place into the Fridge, then into a crockpot and set on low for 2-3 hrs. Should be done and no getting upset-yes a roesting pan will do.....:thumb:Will hold in fridge for up to 3 days of cooking(counting the day). I justSat. morn. with 2-Butts and 9-Ribs done on Friday and in the fridge. Then as I did the 40# of BrirLeg 1/4s, and 6 Fatties , Saturday morn.,I re-heated the other meat in my slow end of my smoker-all ready on time at 2pm. wrapped in a foil-lined cooler and to the party.Waiting on the thanks and job-well-dones.LOL.:p
Did it all "sans sauce", my meat is going to sell the taste,sauce on the side.
Hope this helps and,

Back