First there was Stubbs BBQ Sauce

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I like Maurice’s spicy gold but it’s not available locally. The last year we have primarily used The Shed varieties. Both Stubbs and The Shed are sold in a local health food store based on their ingredients- or rather what’s not included. I might go thru 4 bottles of Q sauce per year with the wife. Anyway, Stubbs Original And Sweet Heat make the wife happy. I think I’ll pick up a couple bottles of each. We don’t use a ton of sauce- don’t need a gallon jug nor case.

Last edited:
As a diabetic, I love Stubb's. The Original is very low in sugar, and even the Sticky Sweet has less sugar than most other sauces.

It appears that Fiesta Foods and John Brooks are both owned by Affiliated Foods. 99c and there is one on my way home from work.:biggrin1:

Thanks for the heads up, Adams.

Stubbs is always a good low sugar option. I have enjoyed it for years. That price is great! I have never seen it that cheap around here.

That said, my supermarket BBQ sauce favorites these days have to be the Heinz Pitmaster sauces. $2 a bottle...no junk...and they taste pretty good as-is (and even better with a little doctoring). I always keep the Carolina Mustard on hand.

i love stubbs!!! one of the only flavorful bbq sauces that is keto friendly.

Ditto. If I don't feel like making my own, Stubb's Spicy is my go-to. Makes a great steak sauce too for when my Wife makes me cook London Broil :mrgreen:.

Sale only applied to two varieties. Original and Spicy. Got two of each. Should last a good long while.

i love stubbs!!! one of the only flavorful bbq sauces that is keto friendly.

What variety is keto friendly? I just looked at nutrition data on Original. It has 7g carbs and 5g of sugar for 2tbsp. That is not keto friendly to me.

What variety is keto friendly? I just looked at nutrition data on Original. It has 7g carbs and 5g of sugar for 2tbsp. That is not keto friendly to me.

Compared to most others this is low sugar and easier to fit into a keto diet. Of course you cant go overboard. But for example, Sweet Baby Rays Originals has 18g Carbs and 16g Sugar per 2T serving. Stubbs spicy is 6 carbs and 4g Sugar per 2T.

I use to have the pool table and jukebox in the original Stumbs BBQ in Lubbock, TX. His place was a great place to party. His BBQ was the real deal. Stubbs was all about the music as well and helped so many artists in the industry make it. The "new" Stubbs sauces were developed by his grand kids I hate to say it but they are better than the original Stubbs.

Lubbock has a memorial to Stubbs on our walk of fame for his contritions

Hey Adams, if you ever want any Maurice's Gold, let me know. I think it is still available at Ingles and can send you some.

Thats a great price! My doctor told me to cut back on the sugar and Stubbs was one of the lowest in sugar so I have been using it lately, I like the taste.

Back