• Half Rack

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Full Rack

Votes: 40 70.2%

• Total voters

MountainMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I cook for one rib eater and a full is just too much for this old rib eater….

If you were to advise me on some rib s would you suggest cooking a half rack (freezing the other half) or cooking a full rack and saving the cooked rack for the next day?

Cook full rack. Have some the next day and vac seal and freeze the rest. The half rack makes an easy meal next time.

Full Rack. Definitely invest in a foodsaver too. Then you can cook several items and have them stored for later when you don't feel like cooking.

All I know is there's definitely nothing wrong with cooking 1/2 racks.

There's benefits like evenly cooking halves when one half is much thicker than the other. Another benefit is putting different rubs on each half.

If one rack is too much then split up the rack...definitely no big deal because 1/2 cooks like a whole would except maybe a little faster.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT_ifoqJmrU"]half racks baby backs - YouTube[/ame]

Full racks are good as well as small racks are just as good. Maybe better..... Ok, back to ribs. Full rack......

Sorry, I voted for half cause I thought you were referring to a portion. I never cook a half rack. I always cook several and vac freeze the left overs for later.

you can cook a half a rack?

/mind blown.

cook the whole rack- freeze what you don't eat. it will be good - I promise.

I smoke a full rack, then divide, wrap and freeze the extra for quick meals later on.

I voted half, I only eat a half now, but I never cook only a half rack. I'll cook the whole thing and eat the other half the next day.

Back