apple smoked maple bacon poutine

bosco0633

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
On the menu

Bacon smoked with apple and glazed with fresh Canadian maple syrup. Smoked it for 3 hours at 225 on the joe Jr.

Fresh hand cut russet potatoes. I tried to buy a potato slicer and they all sucked so I did it by hand.

Added some st. Hubert's poutine gravy and fresh cheese curds.

Without further adieu I present my concoction

bosco's maple smoked bacon poutine

6D159485-86EA-455B-B3D0-022A771121EB.jpg

_DSC1246.jpg

52F86CAD-9D58-4043-A3E0-89CF988F1C86.jpg

_DSC1257.jpg

0980BD90-BA60-4ABF-AB14-1C96055D769A.jpg

FCE34C71-549E-40C6-929F-25461570132D.jpg

Thanks for the post, looks like great eats!

I had never heard of poutine, so I googled it for reference. Seems to be similar to a local treat called a "horseshoe" fries, meat covered in a cheese sauce.

poutine is just fries, with gravy and fresh cheese curds. its a Canuck thing lol

Cheese curds are so Wisconsin!
Combined with good fries, bacon and gravy and you are speaking my language.

Of course, cheese curds are best eaten by themselves.

To me, Poutine is fries in a gravy type stuff which give them all the flavor. Yours looks great but not Poutine to me. Maybe a Regional thing.

poutine is actually fries, gravy and cheese curds. That is what makes poutine, I just added some bacon and green onion for flavour.

I ain't no Canadian but poutine is Phries,cheesecurds and a brown gravy...like Bosco said.

Looks great!

Damn, that looks great. Love Love Love Poutine, and can't get it anywhere in California. Have to gorge myself whenever I visit my dad in BC.

Can't say I ever remember having the St Hubert gravy, but always liked it with Swiss Chalet gravy. Right now, I am actually craving KFC Poutine... the gravy in the USA sucks compared to Canada

Not so sure about this though...
sauce-BBQ-06670100100500066701001005_EN.png

Damn, that looks great. Love Love Love Poutine, and can't get it anywhere in California. Have to gorge myself whenever I visit my dad in BC.

Can't say I ever remember having the St Hubert gravy, but always liked it with Swiss Chalet gravy. Right now, I am actually craving KFC Poutine... the gravy in the USA sucks compared to Canada

Not so sure about this though...
sauce-BBQ-06670100100500066701001005_EN.png

I can ship you a bunch of St. Huberts Poutine gravy. It is powder mix. Just tell me how many packs you would want and I will find out how much it would cost???

Thanks for the post, looks like great eats!

I had never heard of poutine, so I googled it for reference. Seems to be similar to a local treat called a "horseshoe" fries, meat covered in a cheese sauce.
Having had both a horseshoe in Springfield and Poutine they are different animals. Some how both make me feel like I've eaten way too much and my heart has slowed a bit.

Back