Weekend cook 11/10-11/12

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I started the weekend cook of 2 butts. I'll throw on a couple of Italian fatties and some deer sausage later today.
Here's the butts injected and rubbed with Chris Lilly's recipe. One more off my BBQ goal list. I've used the injection before, but always used a commercial rub. So I tried his rub today.

Attachments

• 11-10-06 cook 010.jpg
    11-10-06 cook 010.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 234
I'm kind of cheatin' this weekend: NO COOKING.

I will be PREPPING for a large (by my standards) cook on Tuesday night for a meeting at work on Wednesday.
  • 2-13# packer trimmed briskets.
  • 20 BBQ'd chicken thighs.
  • A full case of spares.
  • Wisconsin Potato Salad.
  • Pot 'o Pintos.
  • Corn on the Cob.
  • Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed ABT's.
  • Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders stuffed with Ham & Cheese.
  • 6 Fatties.
I'll post pics.

Ken

Trimmed and rubbed 2 brisket last night. Have friends (married couple) coming over after work, so I will fire up the WSM when they get here. I think he might like to see what Q is about, and maybe I can entice another one to the dark side. (HmmHmmHmmWaahaahaahaa!) Also going to indirect a batch of Hebrew National franks for supper. Guess the Secretary of Domestic Tranquility will be going hungry.

Prolly doing a pot roast in the dutch oven over the fire Sat. Steaks tonight on the gasser if the weather holds out. Won't be doing Q'ing till I get my pit on the 21st. Did I tell you I am getting a new pit? Sorry, I'm kinda giddy

Supposed to rain here both Sat & Sun but Im still planning on finishing up smoking my garlic before the rain starts Sat.

Just a "test" cook on some chickie.
Always looking for answers :redface:

Have a gud'um y'all :lol:

TIM

...... will be applying all I learned this week to another batch of 'thick' pork loin chops. Sure hope they are the best ever!

thillin's Chris Lilly butts look dang good already!

I am smoking 3 chickens and will finish with Bob Gibson's white sauce, recipe courtesy Peace Love & Barbeque. Probably a rack or 2 of baby backs. I am also planning a couple of fattys. I am not crazy about the breakfast sausage flavor, so I am using Johnsonville bratwurst and italian sausage instead. I am planning on stuffing with peppers and onions on the italian and saurkraut, onions and swiss on the brat.

Sunday's the only day I have any real time to cook and it looks like rain. :mad:
Maybe I'll just try to do some chicken real quick Saturday instead. I'm still working on something that's presentable for comps. Getting there but not satisfied yet.

Two pork butts, 2-briskett flats and some rib tips on my new Backwoods Party w/Guru that I just got. I'll have to put up the pop up ntent because of the rain on Sunday.

I just put 16 chicken thighs on......first time doing chicken.

chingador said:
I am smoking 3 chickens and will finish with Bob Gibson's white sauce,
White sauce on Q (or anything for that matter), YUCK :)

Attachments

• nomayo.jpg
    nomayo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 124
I'll be doing my practicie run for Thanksgiving - a bone in chicken breast and a couple of boneless turkey breasts. Will be brining the chicken, and just doing a rub on the turkey....

And not covering the water pan....

Mike

I planned to do a practice run for thanksgiving, but I played video games instead of going to the store last night. I believe instead I need to take a "research" trip to lockhart for smitty's bbq, need to figure out what my brisket is missing. Pigging out on sausage is also a plus.

A little while ago I added the 2 Italian fatties, 2 fresh brats and 2 jollypeno sausages. I found some chopped "wet" brisket from Rudy's in the freezer. So breakfast was brisket and egg tacos.
In progress pics at http://paddlinpigsbbq.wordpress.com/.

Ty

Last edited:
I have a brisket flat in the Primo right now at an internal temp of 170 with the Guru in Ramp mode hoping to keep it in until 5 or 6 tonight. I have some fingerlings I will toss in later as well. I have some wings that I think I will deep fry as well, the cast iron dutch oven has some oil in it already.

Back