• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

rib rack shelf

Wags05

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
images

I googled rib rack shelf images and came across this (gatorpit.net) - anyone have one of these or something similar? Any drawbacks? Thanks.

I make racks that are very similar but not attached to the grate. Seems like you would be doing ribs only with them fixed. Steve.

They look cool, but some holes in the grate and legs on the racks (to be able to insert and remove them) would be more functional.

Bad design imo. Have the racks run the other direction so the heat flows through in between all the ribs. You'd have 2 racks on each rack.

I love the idea! I have to agree with Fwismoker about the design, and that it should run the other direction.

The reason I ask is that I'm not a rib rack guy (and I get by just fine with the room I've got)- in my head I think that the racks that hold 3 or 4 slabs keep the ribs too close together and they cook uneavenly. But I like the idea of being able to load more meat in my smoker. And it looks like those bars are spaced wide enough to allow for both more meat and a more even cook. I dunno, it seems like I'm looking at something that (A) looks pretty cool, (B) may or may not be beneficial to a very large rib cook and (C) I don't REALLY need..........sold, right? As for the direction of the bars, that's entirely over my head (might need 2). And another thing...if I'm wrong about the way I feel about traditional store bought rib racks, then my main reason for pondering this is in the chitter. Anyhow, if anyone has experience with one of these, let me know. Thanks.

Direction of the bars switched so the heat/smoke goes through the meat and not over it?

That is an interesting idea, but you can't rotate them if needed, I bet cleaning is time consuming, and if you are not cooking ribs that grate can't be used for other things.

I have the Klose rib racks, they have a similar angle and height as the ones in your photo. They are 3/16" stainless, the ones in your photo look to be larger diameter, maybe 1/4"

manninggraduation005a.jpg

b0aa2307.jpg

Back