Major Issues with New Vision Pro Kamado

joe84780

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Kamado guys...

So I received my new Vision Pro S from Home Depot today and was assembling it and discovered some problems. I need to get your guys feedback on this. I have not contacted Home Depot or Vision yet.

First problem I noticed it I can't adjust my right vent dial on the any further than 7. The black metal T tab (1st pic) on the inside of the ash drawer dial is impacting the ceramic just above where it enters the kamado. It looks like the ceramic was not molded properly. See how it is molded uneven and lower on the right side. (pic 2) The tab is hitting that lower uneven ceramic portion.

2nd Issues is a large hole on the right side of ash drawer frame. Again another mold issue and a major air gap. See pic 3 & 4.

In fact the ash drawer doesn't meet up with the body of the kamado well at all. There's a gap on the left side and all along the top of the ash drawer where it meets the body. Pics 5& 6. I thought Vision had fixed a lot of these air gap issues? I'm not happy with this unit at all! What do you guys think?

Are these gaps normal? The one on the right looks bad and is a huge air gap imo.

If you're not happy with it, don't wait. Send it back.

I have seen something VERY similar on a Vision Pro before, that's a big reason why I own a Kamado Joe. I'd get that sucker back to HD for a different one, or look at a different brand without all of the molding in it. That will be trouble in trying to control the temp the entire time you own it.

Good luck!

That needs to go back. Contact Vision and send those pics. They will make it right. That is not acceptable. My grills fit and finish was top notch.

Oh Hell No. Return it and pee on the floor if they don't make it right quick. New rig of your choice.

I"ve Seen better Fit n Finish on a Chargriller......:shock:

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is definitely going back to Home Depot. I will also be contacting Vision. The quality control on this unit was non existent.

I will give them a chance to make it right. If not then I will spend more money and get another brand.

You could either contact the manufacturer or just return it to HD. HD has, in all of my experiences with them been great about returns and replacements. My first thought is that you got a bad one. I'd return it for a replacement at HD and see if the new one is better. If not, then I would either contact the manufacturer for help, or just get a refund and buy something else.

Hey Joe, contact Vision Directly via email at icopeland@visiongrills.com, see the following thread. They are great they saw that the gaskets were in need of replacing after viewing my website. They sent me the gaskets immediately. I should think they would send you a new fire bowl. That seems to be where the defects are.
Good Luck, they will take care of you! http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173872&highlight=vision

Thanks...I did send them a message via their contact page on their website and will wait to see what they have to say. I would rather not have to lug this thing back to Home Depot to return. Plus I see now they are once again out of stock on these things at HD. Even the ash drawer is messed up on this thing. It sticks in the frame and is a bit of a pain to get out and the door opening for the electric starter doesn't close properly. Another air leak. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for all of your feedback!

From what I've read Vision is a Chinese mass produced product. If that is true maybe while Rodman is bringing North Korea into line thru basketball diplomacy he can jumpshot over to China and get some quality control.

All wittiness/humour aside. At 699 your not that far from a Large Green Egg (made in Mexico but they are our neighbors) and still a ways (but not in Dave Ramsey dollars methods) from a Primo (Made in USA-how cool is that) . Both are known for benchmark quality

For another $250 you can get a kamado joe. And if you have a conns around you, you can get 18 months no intrest. Just a thought.

The KJ is $849 with free shipping at bbqguys.com

Ok, so I spoke to Laurie with Vision Grills today...

They are sending me a complete new grill and just asked that I donate this one to a local fire station for the firefighters to use. Very cool!
Once I get my new grill, I'll post some pics of it after I build it. Also, my new grillgrates arrived today. I can't wait to cook a steak in these things!

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

That's very cool of them.

I have the smaller one from Costco and after about 2 years it is still humming along. I was missing a bolt and the cover was ripped when I got it. One phone call and 3 days later I had a new cover and the hardware I needed. It is a lower end Kamado but I am very happy with mine. Great bang for the buck.

Back