What are Gassers Good For ..........?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Burning the Oil off of a Freshly Drilled Difuuser Plate for your Charcoal/Wood Chunk Rig........

null_zps8624ec6d.jpg

Lighting my chimney on the side burner, using my CI griddle for blacking fish, making eggs, pancakes, omlettes, etc. Quick meals that don't involve smoking. Mine definitely has a place in my arsenal. Outside living.!!

Jed

I seem to always have one around for personal use, but flipping gassers on craigslist for a profit has always been a good way for me to fund my BBQ obsession.

Sometimes things just don't work out on the smoker. Good intentions get interrupted by life. Started cooking a tri tip and baked potatoes on my mini tonight. Got late and had to finish the tri tip on the gasser. Se la vie. Dinner time with family is more important than how you cook it.

We need one down here with so many Live fire ban days, better than cooking inside.
gassers are allowed in suburbia on these days

Well I use mine to sear ribeye steaks on holidays when we have family over. In Michigan some winter days it snows sideways and blows at times about 50=60 mph. No smoker is going to work in that weather.
P.S. Gasser sits inside the garage year round.

I find it useful for keeping pans heated like beans or lots of ears of corn that take up lots of room.
Also warming buns and tortillas.
I guess you could also cook meat on it too :p

Mostly they just get in my way when I am walking through Lowe's or Home Depot. :x

Gasser is good for quick cooks as mentioned above. Unfortunately when your daily commute is almost 4 hrs you don't have much time or energy for the charcoal.

I built a ginormous built-in granite BBQ island/bar/keg-o-rator/sink/stereo. Then I found this site and was enlightened as to what real BBQ was. I built a UDS and traded some work for a vintage Kamado. Now the gasser side burner is used to start my chimney and I use the gasser to clean the grates for my other cookers. I do use it to quickly roast chiles and corn and finish chicken on it. I still use the granite bar top alot but wish I had built in an egg instead.

Use the Weber Gasser all the time. Being a good griller gives a ton more options than the smokers. There is a world beyond hamburgers and hotdogs.

Back