Biscuit Test on the Assasin28 (Heavy Pron)

Biged92

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Fired up the new Assassin28 for the second time. Today I wanted to do a biscuit test to determine how even the heat distribution was from top to bottom, left to right inside the smoker.

Fired up the smoker using a brick and some Weber starter cubes in the ash pan.
smoker28.JPG

Set the temp to 275 on the Guru, and then let it do its thing.
smoker29.JPG

Placed the probe on the 3rd rack down from the top, and towards the middle.
smoker30.JPG

Once the smoker was up to temp, I began placing the biscuits on each of the racks.
smoker32.JPG

Everybody's in, time to close the door and let em' ride.
smoker33.JPG

After 50 minutes at 275, all of the biscuits are done.
smoker34.JPG

Found that the bottom left was the hottest area of the smoker. The bicuits on the 2 bottom rows to the far left were fairly burnt.
smoker35.JPG

The rest of the racks from left to right were pretty even. The top was a little lighter, but not by much.
smoker36.JPG

Does anybody have some jelly?
smoker37.JPG

I was pretty happy with the results. For the most part the Assassin cooks evenly throughout the cooker except for the small area in the bottom left portion of the cooker. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to throw on some chickens and a fatty. Thanks for lookin'

Looks good to me. The rules of physics never change though...racks closer to the heat source will always cook hotter/faster although the effect is minimized as you go up.

You have a beautiful cooker and i'm a big fan of vertical cookers. Just keep in mind on bigger cooks there is nothing wrong with using multiple cookers and less stacking if you don't want to fuss with rotating racks.

I see many years of enjoyment coming from that machine, Enjoy!

Looks good to me. The rules of physics never change though...racks closer to the heat source will always cook hotter/faster although the effect is minimized as you go up.

You have a beautiful cooker and i'm a big fan of vertical cookers. Just keep in mind on bigger cooks there is nothing wrong with using multiple cookers and less stacking if you don't want to fuss with rotating racks.

I see many years of enjoyment coming from that machine, Enjoy!

It really depends on the design of the cooker. Some designs will cause a natural convection and/or trap heat at the top. Knowing YOUR cooker is half of the battle.

Great test. Hope you have a big pot of chicken and gravy cooking somewhere! :-D Damn, now I'm hungry for chicken and gravy over biscuits.

Back