• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

favorite bbq sauce

jfletcher84

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What is your favorite BBQ sauce to serve with pulled pork? is it different than what you like to do with ribs or brisket? Is it a homemade sauce or do you prefer a store bought one?

This is my PP go to sauce
Eastern N..C. BBq sauce recipe

Ingredients
1 quart cider vinegar
1/8 cup salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon milled black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1/2-3/4 cup light brown sugar, depending on taste
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

Blues Hog Tennessee Red for pulled pork.

Blues Hog Original mixed with TN Red for ribs

Head Country for brisket

Have made various ones but for me, nothing beats the 3 listed above.

i do a modified version of the vinegar/mustard sauce. being from missouri, i gotta add some sweet!

1 part apple cider vin
1 part good apple cider
1/4 part yellow mustard
1/4 part dijon or cajun mustard
1/8 part molasses
1/8 part rub (whatever used for the pork)

bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. thicken with corn starch if desired.

the apple cider and molasses gives it the smokey sweetness that my palate craves while not overpowering the vinegar and mustard.

My favorite (so far) on pulled pork (when I use sauce that is, usually I find I need none). Is a bottled sauce from Johhny's BBQ in Cullman AL. Picked some up on a road trip. Great stuff! And hope they sell online, as I am almost out...

Blue Hog TN red or Big Bob Gibson Championship or Championship with habanero with pulled pork. Although I normally eat ribs without sauce, I like Big Bob Gibson Championship or Big Bob Gibson Championship with Habanero when I use sauce. Big Bob Gibson White for chicken.

I also like the BBGibson Championship sauce in place of ketchup on hamburger.

chicken-carolina treet
pulled pork-eastern nc sauce
ribs sweet & spicy cherry red pepper glaze
weber bold & spicy

Eastern NC on my PP, Charlie Mills, Scott's or Wilbers. Right now I'm putting a little homemade mango bbq sauce on my spares.

I use Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont sauce (google the recipe). It's pretty much the only recipe I've ever found and haven't had to doctor up at all. The first time I made it, I was in love. Whoever Fat Johnny is, he must be one hell of a pitmaster.

Homemade is my favorite (recipe published in infernoooo's sauce contest thread).

Store bought favorite on pulled pork is Blues Hog Tennessee Red.

Yes, I do not prefer these on brisket or ribs, etc.

Longhorn's Barbecue sauce out of Spokane, Washington. With some Carolina hot vinegar sauce. That's my favorite combo. The bbq sauce is sweet and sticky, but not overpowering.

Back