Thread: burnt probes
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default burnt probes

Think I just farked up my Nu-Temp probes. Went out and fired up the beast, dropped two probes down the chimney of the 'dera and went inside to prepare the chicken. Never plugged the probes into the transmitters. Later I realize the probes aren't plugged in because the transmitters are sitting on the counter. I go outside see sweet blue rising from the chimney feeling good. Plug the first probe in and it quickly registers HHH and stays that way. Plug the second one in and it does the same thing. Open up the door on the 'dera and flames are coming through the opening into the smoke chamber, the water pan is empty and glowing red in spots and I can feel the heat. That's when I notice the baffle is gone!! Farking thing got so hot it dissintegrated. Tried cleaning the probes but they still just register that HHH. The cable feels like it may have partially melted in spots. Oh well, just Q and learn from it.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote