I don't get it...

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
{Mods, if this is in the wrong place, accept my apologies, and move, as needed. Thanks.}

I was searching Craigslist in Southern IL, as I'll be there next week for a conference. I found this:
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/for/1417927235.html

He says, "Just bought a gas grill, so no need for a charcoal grill."

Why, why, WHY do people who already have a charcoal grill (and a nice one, at that) think that moving to gas is a step up and a reason to get rid of their charcoal? Why, somebody, tell me, why???

Okay, I'm gonna go back to writing my sermon. Thanks for letting me rant.

I've gotten my best score from people who have "upgraded" from charcoal...

I am waiting for the day Dan's sermon is about the perception of upgrading in one's life and the homily of the misguided who think they are upgrading to gas who already have all they need with charcoal...

I am waiting for the day Dan's sermon is about the perception of upgrading in one's life and the homily of the misguided who think they are upgrading to gas who already have all they need with charcoal...

Doesn't sound too far off base - if you change a couple of words - maybe the homily to the misguided who think that they must upgrade their salvation, who already have all they need in Christ.

Hmmmm....may have to work that in soon...

People are different; and have different needs, and desires.
Gas grills are much easier, and faster, to use for cooking.....not better....just different.
Many people don't know what REAL smoked food tastes like (BBQ).

With Gas grills...I think you get more of a pure flavor of the meat....with charcoal
you get the meat flavor along with the Charcoal flavor....and of course with smoke,
you get the smoky flavor.

People are just different.

I am not quite sure why you have to get rid of one to get another...........what the heck is that all about :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now I can understand a wife.................

Attachments

• Webers 001.jpg
    Webers 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 251
Doesn't sound too far off base - if you change a couple of words - maybe the homily to the misguided who think that they must upgrade their salvation, who already have all they need in Christ.

Hmmmm....may have to work that in soon...
-------------------------------
I like the way you're goin w/ that. I was born and raised in Pana in Christen Co. Is that anywhere near you? Do you "Q" on Sundays?:icon_devil

People are different; and have different needs, and desires.
Gas grills are much easier, and faster, to use for cooking.....not better....just different.
Many people don't know what REAL smoked food tastes like (BBQ).

With Gas grills...I think you get more of a pure flavor of the meat....with charcoal
you get the meat flavor along with the Charcoal flavor....and of course with smoke,
you get the smoky flavor.

People are just different.
Sage advice.

I wish there were more deals like that around here.. We have more people upgrading there gassers for bigger gasers...

I got a nice 22.5 kettle for $15 from a couple that upgraded to gas. He looked at me funny when I was excited to give him $15.

Kettle1.JPG

SHHHHHHH! Don't tell, you'll wreck our supply of 25 dollar kettles:mrgreen:

Actually, I got a very nice smoke ring on both my fatty's AND butt!:-D

You got a smoke ring on a gasser? I guess you don't know that the smoke ring is a chemical reaction caused by using charcoal or wood as the heat source. It does not come from the smoke.

It is possible if he used wood chunks or a lot of chips in smoke boxes. I can do it if I want.

You got a smoke ring on a gasser? I guess you don't know that the smoke ring is a chemical reaction caused by using charcoal or wood as the heat source. It does not come from the smoke.
Please explain as I'm very new. I thought the darkened areas on the outer perimeter were smoke rings. If I have mispoken, I do apologize to all.

Attachments

• DSC02593.jpg
    DSC02593.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96
  • PLATED.jpg
    PLATED.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 96
Back