Time to Sadly Retire my Weber Spirit S-320

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
After falling down on my patio and knocking my Weber into the back yard, one broken rib later I need to replace it after 12 years. I've rebuilt it twice with burners, falvorizer bars and grates. This time the cabinet is all bent. Going to haul it out to the street.

I don't really need one that big for just the Wife and I now.

Wondering what I should replace it with? Maybe a Weber E-210. Not going to buy a cheap one. Buy once, Cry once but Dang they are high now with inflation!

Here's Her in Her Glory Days.

ejyWhhZ.jpg

Any suggestions on a replacement appreciated.

Even though it's just the wife and I if I replace mine it will be a step up as the quality is better, will probably still be a 3 burner but over $1000 , I can always leave a burner off or put a Rossiter on it and shut middle burner off. Wife might shoot me though, she had a fit when I bought my pitboss for $500 lol 6 years latter it's running great smoking 2 briskets right now

BBQ Guys has a Victory stainless 3 burner with a side infrared sear burner for $599. The apartment complex where I work got one recently. Lot of bang for the buck, IMHO.

I replaced one of my gassers with a Blackstone Griddle. Really like it so far. I got the 36 inch 4 Burner. If I were to do it again I would get then 28 inch 2 burner

I had a lot of cheap gas grills before I bought my first 3 burner Weber , could have had a 6 burner top of the line, I try to learn from my mistakes lol

I've been getting by cooking for just myself on the baby Weber Q1200, but it has its limitations. Last year, I bought mom a Napoleon Prestige 500, after looking at a Weber Genesis. The build quality seemed way better and it's a great grill. It's also way bigger than what you are looking for. While I know you are a Weber guy, you might check out some of the smaller Napoleon's and see what you think.

I'm looking to finally replace my Saber gasser as well. The fire box was replaced for no charge a few years back, but now the emitters under the grills are rusting through as are the heat shields on the bottom. That's over $400 to replace and not covered under warranty.

Like you, I'm looking for something small for when I'm extra lazy and don't want to fire up the Joe. Was thinking of the Char Broil Signature or Professional series, pretty similar infrared setup as the Saber. Saber is Char Broil's, high end brand. Never ever had a flare up no matter how hard I tried. But then I've never had a Weber gasser and both are about the same price.

Looking at the Weber Spirit II, has the newer GS4 cooking system from the Genesis line. Open cabinet on the Spirit II vs closed on the Spirit, but I don't really care. And the Spirit II is cheaper and has a bumper-to-bumper 10 yr warranty vs a 10 yr limited warranty on the Spirit.

My gasser is a Jenn Air.
Lifetime warranty.
It hasn't seen much use in the last several years, but it's built very well.
I've replaced the burners and heat deflectors once. Just paid for the shipping.
It's at least 15 years old, maybe 20.

Well I could not wait. Ordered a Weber Spirit E-310. This one has knobs on front instead of side. Old one had a side burner but I barely used it. More shelf space.

5q6o8yp.png

Think it was around $740 after tax. Free delivery. I have to assemble but no biggie.
Why downsize, It's Grillin'! About twice the price I paid for the old one 12 years ago. Ordered it from Best Buy.

Got to let the Wife know before it gets here on April 5th. I'll have steaks dressed and ready to go. That should calm her down. :shock:

Last edited:
Well I could not wait. Ordered a Weber Spirit E-310. This one has knobs on front instead of side. Old one had a side burner but I barely used it. More self space.

5q6o8yp.png

Think it was around $740 after tax. Free delivery. I have to assemble but no biggie.
Why downsize, It's Grillin'! About twice the price I paid for the old one 12 years ago. Ordered it from Best Buy.

Got to let the Wife know before it gets here on April 5th. I'll have steaks dressed and ready to go. That should calm her down. :shock:

She'll be proud
Mine often is

Cheers

Enjoy...... they last a long time as you know. I just put a new set of burners in my 25+ year old Genesis Model ??? (I've had it so long I can't remember the Model #) Weber yesterday......good as new.

I've done a lot of crazy stuff to get a new grill but that's one hell of a way to do it.
Congrats on the new grill, hope the healing time is short.

I had a lot of cheap gas grills before I bought my first 3 burner Weber , could have had a 6 burner top of the line, I try to learn from my mistakes lol

Exactly! Where it comes to gas grills they look great at the store. And I must have bought 4 over a 14 year period while raising kids. I learned long ago that cheap is cheap when it comes to grills. Nothing quite like the sound of chinese SS rusting in the night.

I've done a lot of crazy stuff to get a new grill but that's one hell of a way to do it.
Congrats on the new grill, hope the healing time is short.

Believe me. It was not planed. The old one would have probably gone another 5 years with a $350 rebuild non-Weber parts. Was almost halfway to a new one at that price. Also there is a lot to be said for the Weber 10 year warranty. I know they take care of their customers.

Last edited:
Back