Reheating Question

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
In a couple weeks at work they are doing a BBQ cook off and I'm thinking of entering. The cook off is on a Friday and we have to bring the meat in precooked.

I'm thinking about doing butts and ribs the Saturday before and freezing them. Bringing them in Friday to work and reheating them. I've done pulled pork this way in the crock pot (only time BBQ comes from a crock pot) but not ribs. What is the best way to reheat ribs and maintain the flavor and tenderness?

Thanks in advance.

I feed my crew at work every now & then. I'll do an overnight cook on a Thursday night and time it so that I have butts or brisket done at 8:00am-ish on Friday morning. I wrap, hold, & serve it freshly pulled and smoking hot at lunch time to rave reviews.

Of course, what are they gonna say when the boss feeds them? :p

Good luck!

Cheers,
Braddog

I feed my crew at work every now & then. I'll do an overnight cook on a Thursday night and time it so that I have butts or brisket done at 8:00am-ish on Friday morning. I wrap, hold, & serve it freshly pulled and smoking hot at lunch time to rave reviews.

Of course, what are they gonna say when the boss feeds them? :p

Good luck!

Cheers,
Braddog

You're dead on in that the butts will hold for a good few hours...but he was asking about reheating the ribs.

I do pulled pork for my competition fundraiser. We vacuum seal our pork so it can be boiled in water then we keep it hot in a water pan below two pans above with the pork side by side with sterno as the heat. We have undependable electric and few amps so roasters won't work well but if they did that's where I'd go.

Put the ribs foiled in with the butts, same cooler, they will hold for a while.

Back