• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reheating Question

H

hafast

I was thinking of doing up some extra food this weekend and bringing it into work on Mon, and was just wondering what y'all's opinions are on reheating methods. I don't know why, but microwaving just doesn't seem right after spending 8-12 hours cooking something. This would be my first time trying my 'Q on people other than family, and I'd like to do it right. Thanks in advance!

Probably a rack of spares, and a pork shoulder. Maybe a fattie or two if I'm willing to let them go.

Spares I'd do in a conventional oven if it's available. Low and slow just like you cooked them. If the shoulder is pulled i'd go with Mark's suggestion and heat it in a chafing dish w/sauce if you are using sauce, low and slow again. Sam's Club has some inexpensive wire rack and chafing sets if yo don't have one. We find a reason to use ours a couple of times per year, and they have been well worth it.

I was kinda thinking oven anyway, I'll look into the chafing dish. Anybody use a crock pot? I was thinking that would probably work just as well for the pulled shoulder with a little sauce. Like I said, just wondering what others do. Thanks!

I don't see why a crock pot wouldn't work. I don't do a lot of pulled pork so you might get some more informed answers from others with more experience.

Jorge said:
I don't see why a crock pot wouldn't work. I don't do a lot of pulled pork so you might get some more informed answers from others with more experience.

Beat me to it J

I have used a crock pot many'o time to reheat. Pulled pork, whole pork loins etc, work best. MAybe not good on wibs

Many thanks. The crock pot just popped into my head after I had posted, the wife does a pork in vinegar sauce that her book calls "Carolina barbecue pork" (yeah, right) in the crock. I'll probably just oven the ribs in foil, then throw them in a cooler for the transport. Looking forward to cooking this weekend, didn't get to this last one, and I'm anxious to try out my silicone gasket mod. Might even try an all wood burn if Academy still has some available.

Crock pot is fine for the pulled pork. I was thinking oven for the ribs.

I put pulled pork in a sealed gallon Zip-Loc bag and immerse it in boiling water for a while. The meat steams itself hot and loses nothing.
Comes out perfect every time.

Back