Well how about you two send some private messages or something. You contribute a lot to this forum and you share your knowledge on lots of subjects with the group. That I am grateful for. But this passive-aggressive stuff in this thread I do not appreciate and I'm not the only one. I have tried using gentle reminders earlier in the thread. From now on I'm going to call you on it when you do it.

I just finished watching the first episode of Steven Raichlen's new show called "Project Smoke" on PBS. He cooked chicken halves on the the PBC and got a nice mahogany color and super crisp skin by basting the birds twice with butter during the cook. I will have to give that a try. We all know already how flavorful and juicy PBC chicken is, and with this method it might turn out even better if possible! Happy Fourth everyone!

I'm hoping that the exposure of the PBC to a whole new audience will bring more people to the PBC family. The more the merrier!

Well how about you two send some private messages or something. You contribute a lot to this forum and you share your knowledge on lots of subjects with the group. That I am grateful for. But this passive-aggressive stuff in this thread I do not appreciate and I'm not the only one. I have tried using gentle reminders earlier in the thread. From now on I'm going to call you on it when you do it.

Might wanna have Bob contain his appreciation to the appreciation thread....he's getting me pretty excited! :grin:

....but it might be tough for someone that still scours amazon for reviews on something he's owned for quite a while. :crazy:

What does it matter if he's an over-the-top booster of the PBC, especially in the PBC Appreciation thread? The question is, why does it bother you so much?

The PBC is a fine cooker that takes most of the fiddling and adjustments out of the equation and it puts out a very nice result. Lots of folks are looking for exactly that. No, it isn't magical or revolutionary. But those who like it should be allowed to like it and to promote it's qualities.

What does it matter if he's an over-the-top booster of the PBC, especially in the PBC Appreciation thread? The question is, why does it bother you so much?

The PBC is a fine cooker that takes most of the fiddling and adjustments out of the equation and it puts out a very nice result. Lots of folks are looking for exactly that. No, it isn't magical or revolutionary. But those who like it should be allowed to like it and to promote it's qualities.

Oh it doesn't bother me...it brings me here because he's getting me so excited!

How about this. When/if n the future someone becomes passive aggressive not off topic report the post. If it falls under the section of the rules about being negative or antagonistic( or any other section) the mod team will address it accordingly. :mod:

Thought I would share this recent review from Amazon on the benefits of the PBC:

Best I have ever owned!

Having been a professional chef and BBQ enthusiast most of my life, I have owned and done it all when it comes to BBQ. Kettle grills, gas grills, eggs, you name it, at one point in time I have owned it. Prior to receiving this item as a gift from a friend, I owned a BGE, and while I liked it, I spent too much time constantly tinkering with it to get the airflow just right, and that got old. It got so old that the BGE just sat there without being used. Then I got the PBC, and I am now using it at least twice a week, and year around. I have cooked ribs, brisket, pork butts, pork loins, chicken, burgers, brauts, hot links, steaks of all kinds (NY, Ribeye, Skirt, Flank, Tri-Tip, Hanger, etc), turkey, duck, venison, bison, pizza, and I have even made flat breads and pita's on it. Oh, and you don't have to mess with it. Load the briquettes, light it, load it, and leave it. How can you go wrong? You get the picture by now, I LOVE THIS THING

Thanks....love any reviews on the PBC.

I'm still astonished by how easy it is to use this cooker..... First brisket yesterday was fantastic with zero babysitting or worrying.

The only downside is that I may need a second one..... With a brisket on the grate, I've got no room to hang the chicken for my wife. I asked if I could cook it on my kettle or gasser and she said no. I had to squeeze the chicken in while the brisket rested and ended up having to pop the lid to cook it fast which makes it not as good AND I had to do my burnt ends on the gasser instead of back in the PBC.

I'm still astonished by how easy it is to use this cooker..... First brisket yesterday was fantastic with zero babysitting or worrying.

The only downside is that I may need a second one..... With a brisket on the grate, I've got no room to hang the chicken for my wife. I asked if I could cook it on my kettle or gasser and she said no. I had to squeeze the chicken in while the brisket rested and ended up having to pop the lid to cook it fast which makes it not as good AND I had to do my burnt ends on the gasser instead of back in the PBC.

Try This.
http://www.grilling24x7.com/pbcmod.shtml

Or if you didn't wanna cut your original grate this may work too.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KRHZX4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1436107213&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=18%22+hinged+grate&dpPl=1&dpID=51IIsRsCB-L&ref=plSrch[/ame]

You can also buy half-moon grates, but I'm not sure if one would sit on the grate brackets in the PBC

Back