• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Camp Cooking?

Bill when would you use the other setups, 1 or 2

Setup #1 for casting and retrieving, the clear float keeps the spinner on or near the surface especially if there are a lot of weeds.

Setup #2 keeps the bait on or near the bottom as there is no float/bobber, the fish will take the bait and run with it. The weight on the bottom is good for keeping the bait in a one place if there is current or wind.

A couple of more options for your further fishing experiences would be a bead attractor (if this is legal in your state). You still add some kind of bait or a fly, but the fish will also key on the bead and you get hook-ups in the side of the mouth.

cqNyVe8.jpg

And a slip sinker rig. With this set-up the weight contacts the bottom and will allow the line and hook to move freely, or even float if you are using powerbait. When the fish picks up the bait they don't feel any weight at first. The top version with the egg sinker tends to snag more often so use the improved version with a bell sinker or flexible slinky weight. You can also use this set-up in a stream or river.

sc9Wug0.jpg

That is an awesome time, because on this trip you have 100% of your attention to the family instead of having to include getting the bbq done right for turn-in. Have a ball!!

Thanks for the continued fishing tips guys. Made lunch and got weiners cut up for fishing in a bit.

Got both lines adjusted so the bait will sink lower. I didnt even get one nibble yesterday or even see a fish near the surface swimming. Again it was just an hour.

I'm about to go down with a buddy when our kids take a nap. Then we'll go again when ours wake up.
4c71a1c7c1111be71b7bfe5ff98433b0.jpg
002a499bf765a09b7541930f460ae344.jpg
fd945a205716ced792853de1d3056256.jpg
8848d8342d4d7acfff861caac5a7dd95.jpg
aac23b081842a9e7b4aa90e4a90c3040.jpg

It’s all better tasting and more fun in camp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You may as well catch a good buzz after the kiddo's go to bed Jason.

Always been my experience that perch like shallow water. I would try right along the bank. Never had a problem finding perch for the kids to catch. They are there. Just gotta find bait they cannot resist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like y’all are having a good time. What campground are y’all at? We take ours to Stone Mountain a few times a year. It’s always fun especially in the winter when they have snow mountain going.

Looks like y’all are having a good time. What campground are y’all at? We take ours to Stone Mountain a few times a year. It’s always fun especially in the winter when they have snow mountain going.

This was Don Carter state park at lake Lanier where there are lots of campgrounds. I like this park a lot.

We have a year pass to get into stone mountain as we like to run and hike there with the kids. Haven't camped there yet,but need to since it is close and lots to do.

How's the fishing there? Asking for a friend :icon_blush:

Get off the pier.Get close to the bank (shore). Use the setup you have.There will be perch and bream there.They will bite ANY bait.They will be small but they make the bobber go under and the kiddos love it.Just a suggestion.

This was Don Carter state park at lake Lanier where there are lots of campgrounds. I like this park a lot.

We have a year pass to get into stone mountain as we like to run and hike there with the kids. Haven't camped there yet,but need to since it is close and lots to do.

How's the fishing there? Asking for a friend :icon_blush:

Honestly, I have never fished there but I would assume it would be fair. We live on the water mans fish fairly often so when we travel I tend not too. Keep in mind that fish like structure to get around. Think of a Christmas tree! Lots of branches everywhere for small fish to get in and hide which will bring in the bigger fish to feed on the smaller fish. We always sink our Christmas trees after using them to make bream beds. Peach are about the same as bream and like the structure as well. So fish closer to the bank with small hooks and worms or crickets. Under trees, next to old stumps, right next to the piers, etc. If fishing out in the wide open like that you are better off bottom fishing vs using a bobber. It’s harder for the kids but if you can get one hooked you can let the real it in. You could probably catch a catfish or something bottom fishing with shrimp, chicken livers, stink bait, bar soap, etc. They eat anything.

Unless you're going in early morning or late evening, it may be just too hot
for fish to bite.
Either that or you're not holding your mouth right.

Jason I never cook on a campground grill .
You never know what some clown has burned under that grill.
I have several different sizes of expanded metal grills that go with us camping....,
Best,
JT

Jason I never cook on a campground grill .
You never know what some clown has burned under that grill.
I have several different sizes of expanded metal grills that go with us camping....,
Best,
JT

I know, you should have seen the stuff I burnt in that fire that I didn't show :becky:.

Back