• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lamb chops, salmon, and a peach cobbler

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had a chance to do some cooking today. Prep started last night with a marinade (rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and olive oil) for lamb (loin and rib chops).
2t2thtr.jpg

Started the cooking today with a tri tip and a packet of veggies (potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, and brussel sprouts). Can't say a pic of foiled veggies is terribly exciting.
ZMEDK2w.jpg

Pulled the veggies and tri tip off and put a Spider down low with a CI cooking grid from my Small Egg and seared the tri tip to finish.
KYmotkN.jpg

I pulled the tri tip off and set up the Egg for a raised direct cook on the PS Woo. Lamb chops got a coat of Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express before going on to the grill.
xtk4UKl.jpg

3xSPLAz.jpg

M1INEV5.jpg

Pulled the chops and assembled on a platter with the veggies
Ai6pbAH.jpg

Y6aZIz0.jpg

Our neighbor has a peach tree and gave us a bunch of peaches so we decided to try a peach cobbler in camp dutch oven placed in my Santa Maria grill
oBYn5n2.jpg

I was a little heavy handed with the cinnamon but it tasted better than it looked. Not bad for my first cobbler.
K2dvcAj.jpg

1X4zMgE.jpg

My wife had picked up some salmon so I cooked it in the Mini Egg on an alder plank for her dinner
qiSTLkM.jpg

GOpFmGi.jpg

It was a fun day cooking. Thanks for looking.

Just Wow! Don't know where to start John. Everything looks simply amazing.

I mean I seriously don't even like salmon but that last pic kinda makes me want to flake off a big chunk and try it.

Just Wow! Don't know where to start John. Everything looks simply amazing.

Thanks Sako! Fortunately it all came off of the cookers at different times so I didn’t really have to choose where to start and I just ate everything :grin:. Actually I didn’t eat the Tri Tip until lunch today.

Agreed but i would start at the cobbler no doubt

Thanks, the cobbler was better than I had expected.

Looks awesome!

Thanks Kanco!

Now that is called Good Eats Salmon looks awesome

Thanks George! I only had a small bite of the salmon as I have a seafood allergy. :cry:

I mean I seriously don't even like salmon but that last pic kinda makes me want to flake off a big chunk and try it.

Thanks! What little I had was moist and tasty. Mrs R2 was quite happy with it.

:clap:Everything about that makes me happy, outstanding job.

Back