Quit my job, time to open up a BBQ Restaurant!

Excited for you. Best wishes on your venture!

I wish you the best of luck. I will definitely stay tuned. How many seats are you planning on having? Stay true to the quality of your product.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! Seating is going to be tight, I have about a 600 SQ FT dining room. My back of house is huge (around 1350 sq ft). I'm hoping since I'll have two restrooms the fire department will give me a decent occupancy limit. The restaurant sits on just over an acre with some beautiful trees in the back that would make a nice set up outside for summer time for cookouts, although that would require more permits and an outdoor rig. Keeping it (semi) simple at first and see how it goes!

Good to see you have experience in the restaurant t business. That gives you a leg up on most. Good Luck and may you be blessed with a full front house.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing some photos on your journey. Love the ability you have to add outside in the future.

That is the dream of a lot of people and I hope that you have great success with it. You have a lot of brethren in your corner, so go for it!!

Right on! I'll be up in Topsail for the 4th and again for Thanksgiving so I'll definitely stop in! Looking forward to following along.

This is awesome! So happy for you and am looking forward to following your journey. Pics?!? Menu?

Congrats! I'm in Jacksonville, NC so if you ever need a hand shoot me a PM. I'm running a BBQ food truck on Camp Lejeune and am having a blast....though it's a metric ton of work!

Question : Do you really think 2 CTO's are going to have enough cooking capacity to run a BBQ restaurant? What kind of menu are you envisioning?

Best wishes James on a happy and prosperous journey.

So it finally came time to hand in my notice at work to prepare for a long (and hopefully prosperous) journey to open a Smokehouse in my home city of Wilmington, NC. I currently am a GM of a "famous" Southern Fried Chicken QSR and am (mostly) prepared for this trip. After binge reading through another post on here about another brethren's journey, I've decided to share mine.

The lease has been agreed to by both parties and now we are signing the documents next week! Food distributors have been lined up, smokers are about to be ordered, and now preparing for the start of everything else! I'm excited, nervous, and anxious but in my heart I know this is what I want to do.

Cape Fear Smokehouse- Coming October 2019!

If I lived near you I might put in an application to come and help! That would be a ton of fun. Best wishes to you!

This is awesome! So happy for you and am looking forward to following your journey. Pics?!? Menu?

Charging my digital camera up now to upload pics! Eating a later dinner and watching this week's GOT episode, will upload pics tonight! Menu is not completely settled yet, buti willl post what I know is going to be on it for sure later on tonight.

I am pretty sure there will be a chapter on that when he has a line out the door and forced to put up his Sold Out sign at noon!

Haha the 2 CTOs I'm fairly certain should have enough capacity but who knows??They are going to be running pretty much 24/7 if all goes according to plan. Id be in heaven if we sold out before close, but would quickly be on the phone with Ole Hickory ordering another one. One thing I have going for me is BOH space and more than enough adequate ventilation so a 3rd unit is definitely a possibility.

Back