calculator?

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking for some direction.

Let's say you were doing an event and expected to feed say around 1,000 servings of sliced pork sandwiches or brisket. How much pork/brisket would you need and what size servings are suggested?

What portion/weight are you using for brisket/pulled pork sandwich?

no lol
I'll have a look now, :cool:

I don't have MS Office Excel can someone run the numbers for me please?

Last edited:
The site where the spreadsheet is blocked for me. You could try OpenOffice. It's a free Office alternative.

Anyways, I believe that I read that a good serving size was about 1/4 - 1/3 pound of meat.

Assuming 1/4 pound, you'll need 250lbs of cooked pork/brisket.

Assuming 1/3 pound, you'll need 334lbs of cooked pork/brisket.

IIRC, pork butts lose about 50% of their weight, so you'd need 500lbs of pork for 1/4lb servings and 668lbs for 1/3lb servings.

Brisket the math gets a little harder. IIRC, Briskets lose about 40% of their weight, so you need 416lbs for 1/4lb servings and 556lbs for 1/3lbs servings.

My math may be off, so double check it.

The site where the spreadsheet is blocked for me. You could try OpenOffice. It's a free Office alternative.

Anyways, I believe that I read that a good serving size was about 1/4 - 1/3 pound of meat.

Assuming 1/4 pound, you'll need 250lbs of cooked pork/brisket.

Assuming 1/3 pound, you'll need 334lbs of cooked pork/brisket.

IIRC, pork butts lose about 50% of their weight, so you'd need 500lbs of pork for 1/4lb servings and 668lbs for 1/3lb servings.

Brisket the math gets a little harder. IIRC, Briskets lose about 40% of their weight, so you need 416lbs for 1/4lb servings and 556lbs for 1/3lbs servings.

My math may be off, so double check it.

Thanks for that this is what I paid today....

2wg4nie.jpg

5.035kg= 11.1 pounds

Brisket is 4.75 so I may stick with pork.

British Pork legs are fresh hams from what I see and not butts, so the ratios given above may not apply.

It's alright I'll be smoking and slicing.

Back