What Causes You Injuries

Generally there is a matrix of too much alcohol mixed with sharp knifes that leads to my demise. My brother has imposed a 3 drink limit on me and then all knifes are taken away.

That said, the thing that cuts my hand open more than anything else is that tin or foil covering on the top of a bottle of wine. I cannot tell you how many times I have cut my hand open on that stuff. Including today

Mandolines are my Kryptonite.

I sliced the end of one thumb cleanly off in a bourbon soaked afternoon of cooking. The blood flowed in quantities and the Emergency Room visit was no fun.

I will never use one again.

Last edited:
Mandolines are my Kryptonite.

I sliced the end of one thumb cleanly off in a bourbon soaked afternoon of cooking. The blood flowed in quantities and the Emergency Room visit was no fun.

I will never use one again.
That's brutal!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lesson learned. I will never take out the garbage again.

I'll warn my Wife about taking out the trash from now on. Thanks for the tip!

To the OP and to answer your original thread question, What really hurts me is only having 2 cold beers left in the fridge the night before Christmas.

I could do a scar contest with just about anyone (except Military) from 36 years in the HVAC industry. Every good HVAC Tech keeps a roll of duct tape handy and a roll of electrical tape for back up. You can seal an artery with that stuff.

I'll warn my Wife about taking out the trash from now on. Thanks for the tip!

To the OP and to answer your original thread question, What really hurts me is only having 2 cold beers left in the fridge the night before Christmas.

I could do a scar contest with just about anyone (except Military) from 36 years in the HVAC industry. Every good HVAC Tech keeps a roll of duct tape handy and a roll of electrical tape for back up. You can seal an artery with that stuff.

As a kid of about 11 in the mid 70's, I was playing hide and seek at a friend's house and I was hiding behind an HVAC unit. I stood up to run and felt something slice my lower back. It was a half inch wide gash. No stitches, but hurt like hell and I still have the scar today. Sheet metal scares me.

Repairing and then stupidly "testing" a commercial coffee grinder.

If I told you the whole story you would have me put in some kind of institution.

For over a decade now, Frodo and I have had much more in common than I would ever have wished.

(I have pictures, but for some of you it's lunchtime, so I'll spare you.)

I sat a knife on a large cutting board with the edge pointing at me, moved something on the board and my thumb made contact with the knife. Went about half way through my thumb and took forever to heal.

Mostly it’s small burns though, touching things where fingers don’t go when stuff is hot.

Ouch!
As my friends would say "Rub some dirt on it, and walk it off." lol
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Hurts just reading about it. I talked to my trash guy 25 years ago. He asked me to please bag up my ashes as they get in his eyes and it's really painful. I felt like a total a-hole. Since that day I've bagged everything except boxes. I know it's their job but after that conversation it feels disrespectful to not bag anything. Life experiences are the best teachers. Strange the things that stick with you. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
God rest old SNL and Phil Hartman

The Anal Retentive Carpenter

Ouch. I was pre-med in college (as far as you know) and the standard treatment is 3 Shiners within 2 hours of the incident and a minimum of 2/day for 5 days post incident to minimize chance of infection. Listen to you doctor, young man...

Hard to disagree with Dr. Kevin on this one.

Lifted a new dishwasher out of the box and razored my knee on the sheet metal side. (only the front is finished) Sewed it up myself on the kitchen table after the Mrs. injected the lidocaine (she's a nurse and I'm a doc). Got a little light-headed with her injection but once numb it is like its someone else's wound. My eldest around 8 at the time (now a surgeon) nearly fainted. Not all my home work has been successful. Number two child has a forehead hairline job that might qualify me as Frankenstein's surgical assistant.

Back