View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #6
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I dont think its as much a deal as "each pit has a certain temp it likes to run at" as it is about airflow and the size of fire that air can support, and some cookers have a bigger range of airflow capabilities. In my Shirley for example, I could run a smaller fire (by managing split size or coal bed) and close down the intake and exhaust a bit, it would be enough air to support a fire that size. Open up the intake and exhaust a bit, a higher volume of air moves through supporting a fire of that size. I have a temp range that *I* like to cook in, which requires a fire of a certain size and therefore a particular amount of air. So I think "sweet spots" are more dictated by how much control you have at the volume of air moving through a cooker. I would imagine that most well designed cookers have a decent amount of control over how much air they move.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->