Roadside Chicken pron

H

hammerz_nailz

Decided to try this recipe finally. I substituted apple cider vinegar instead of white and added a little oregano. Grilled direct over stubbs briquettes and a few pieces of apple. Temp was about 330-350 or so and flipped and sauced every 10-15 mins. This chicken was really really good and will be making it this way again soon.

From the virtual weber bullet, posted by Bryan S:

1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
Mix/shake till well dissolved. I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top. You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2-8 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce. I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5-10 min. Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. Enjoy
EDIT: If you are going to marinate the chicken first, then leave the oil out for the marinade proccess. Make up a fresh batch for basting the chicken with the oil in the sauce.

I picked up this basket on sale at Lowes. Giving it a try roasting some peppers for a salad.
20090926-IMG_7197.jpg

20090926-IMG_7209.jpg

20090926-IMG_7269.jpg

On the final flip the leg quarters came right apart.
20090926-IMG_7276.jpg

20090926-IMG_7302.jpg

Everything looks great Hammerz!! Love the color on the bird....nice!:cool:
Also, thank you for the recipe!

The RS chicken looks wonderfull.

The smell of the that marinade coming off hot coals is worth making a batch all by itself......With or Without chicken.

Back