• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Ssv3 got me motivated to post some pics of today's cook. My son is home for the weekend and wanted PBC chicken and decided to do grilled romaine with my new high heat setup. And enjoyed some pina coladas from the Margaritaville frozen concoction maker.

Cracked the lid for the last 20 minutes to crisp up the skin.

Next to the PBC my second favorite gadget.

Charcoal basket on the main gate and an extra grate on the rebar.

Ssv3 got me motivated to post some pics of today's cook. My son is home for the weekend and wanted PBC chicken and decided to do grilled romaine with my new high heat setup. And enjoyed some pins coladas from the Margaritaville frozen concoction maker.

Beautiful cook Bob! I haven't tasted any better chicken than chicken on the PBC. Before I had mine I thought it was crazy that some people had PBC as their chicken only cooker. Now that I've had one a while I'm a believer.

PS Crisp skin every time

Loving the baguettes. I just made some sourdough loves today. Good BBQ and good bread is an awesome combo.

ssv3 Those were some killer cooks! You inspired me and I have 2 St. Louis racks hanging now. Kingsford comp, lump, and cherry wood. Slathered them w Siracha and sprinkled Montreal on them. Ill be having a late dinner.

ssv3 Those were some killer cooks! You inspired me and I have 2 St. Louis racks hanging now. Kingsford comp, lump, and cherry wood. Slathered them w Siracha and sprinkled Montreal on them. Ill be having a late dinner.

Sounds like a plan bro. Liking the Sriracha Montreal. Take some pics and post 'em up. :thumb:

Beautiful cook Bob! I haven't tasted any better chicken than chicken on the PBC. Before I had mine I thought it was crazy that some people had PBC as their chicken only cooker. Now that I've had one a while I'm a believer.

PS Crisp skin every time

Plus 100!

Ok barrel bro's... here's some shoulder CSR's on the noose! One I hooked through the fat end and switched it because i figured it was better having the small end up.

Corn on the top

Jimmy pumping good smoke right after i put them on, shortly after settled in at 300* and kept it there.

Last edited:
Holy cow! You guys went off today! Sorry I couldn't respond earlier, I was traveling.

ssv3, you put out some great looking pron man! :thumb:

Hey Toast, if you really want a PBC, I may be willing to part with mine. I'm wanting one of the new shiny ones so I'm considering selling my powder coated "classic" model. ....:becky:

Holy cow! You guys went off today! Sorry I couldn't respond earlier, I was traveling.

ssv3, you put out some great looking pron man! :thumb:

Hey Toast, if you really want a PBC, I may be willing to part with mine. I'm wanting one of the new shiny ones so I'm considering selling my powder coated "classic" model. ....:becky:

Yes you missed much. Welcome back.

5 to 5.5 hours later. They came out nice. Should have cut the Montreal down a tad, just a touch salty but Im not complaining. Mix of Lump and King Comp ran about 300 initially then down to 270 then as it usually does down to 240-245 for an hour at the three hour mark it dipped under 240 so I used my piece of wire to barely crack the lid. It climbed back upt to 270-280 for the remainder. Not much heat from the Siracha. Could have used a touch of sugar but I wanted to try it w just the Montreal once.

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 496
Got the 3 racks going. Sorry no prep pics but I was very busy. Trying to visit and cook....haven't quite gotten it down yet....lol

I decided to do the KC style trim with 1buckies idea to take out the head bone. So basically I started with full spares, pulled the membrane, cut the tips off to square them at the bottom and removed the head bone. I think I will like this style. I will trim them to a St Louis after for easy eating and a nicer look. I kept them full because I believe they have a better flavor that way and are juicier.

Anyway, I'm having the low temp problem some people have complained about. I'm trying not to let it bother me though because if I cooked like the PBC was designed I would not even know the temp. I did make a slight adjustment of the intake. ...hey I'm OCD and couldn't help it...lol. hopefully I'll get some good finished shots. :biggrin1:

Anyway, I'm having the low temp problem some people have complained about. I'm trying not to let it bother me though because if I cooked like the PBC was designed I would not even know the temp. I did make a slight adjustment of the intake. ...hey I'm OCD and couldn't help it...lol. hopefully I'll get some good finished shots. :biggrin1:

I'm not having that low temp thing..what's going on? Ya know jimmy is glad to help...I mean i'm glad to help! :heh:

You two are funny! I messed with it and now it's at 300. I'm trying to drop it some now. Yep, I'm acting like a rookie today chasin temos. All on a cooker designed not to monitor Temps :tsk:

It'll all work out

Back