Beef Ribs in 1 hour - Experiment with Air Fryer

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If you've got a craving for a couple of beef ribs and only 1 hour to cook, what do you do? First lower your expectations and maybe give the air fryer a try.

I had 3 beef back ribs, which is the max that will fit in my 5qt air fryer. Lightly rubbed with oil oil and Obie Cue Smooth Moove. Into the air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

After 15 minutes of cooking:

Now wrapped in foil for 30 minutes at 350 degrees:

I took the ribs out and brushed sauce on the middle rib, just to experiment. I raised the temp back to 400 and cooked another 5 minutes. Here's the result:

Verdict: Not bad! The meat was juicy and tender, but not as tender as smoked ribs. Obviously, there was not smoke flavor, but still serviceable since to took care of my rib craving in less than an hour. Would I do it again? Yes, If I needed a rib fix and had very little time. Next time I might sauce it first, then wrap in foil. I might also try some smoked paprika along with the rub.

I've been wondering if I want a air fryer. I think you may have given me the reason

Love it … wonder how it would have done in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes and then into the air fryer for another 30 … may have to experiment too!

Love it … wonder how it would have done in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes and then into the air fryer for another 30 … may have to experiment too!

That's a great idea. I did experiment with a few ribs a few weeks ago in my instant pot. The results (and visual appeal) was less than acceptable. But, tenderizing in the pressure cooker and then air frying for texture just might work!

Interesting results! Perhaps to impart a little smoke flavor before fryer you could try the GUGA Sous Vide cake dome smoke method. You use a glass dome and smoldering wood chunk to impart a light smoke flavor on the meat.

Sounds like the perfect task for the Ninja Foodi. Great idea!

Back