• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheesesteak on Weber kettle

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Due to shortage of beef, used top sirloin, froze, sliced thin, grilled on upside down grill grates. While I don't hate whiz, I usually make my own cheese sauce.. But didn't feel like doing that so topped with provolone

I usually add jalapeno,but was all out. I don't care much for onions, so meat and cheese

Last edited:
Looks great! Only tourist eat whiz on their cheesteak. You made a proper cheese steak using provolone. Try Cooper sharp American next time, it melts creamy and makes an excellent cheese steak!

Looks great!

I do provolone, sautéed mushrooms and onions, mayo and lettuce on my cheesesteak, but I'm from Pittsburgh and never been to Philly. Regardless, good beef and whatever works for me...

Great looking cook!

Bought the stuff to make these and either use sirloin or sliced ribeye. Only problem is we don't have any poboy bread and the wife doesn't want me going to the store.

Great looking cook!

Bought the stuff to make these and either use sirloin or sliced ribeye. Only problem is we don't have any poboy bread and the wife doesn't want me going to the store.

White sandwich bread works in a pinch. Grew up in Philly and ate more than a few cheesteaks on white bread when I was a kid making my own lunch. Cook it slab style instead of chopping it so it stays in the slices of bread.

Do you have flour and yeast to make rolls? Might be something to do while stuck in the house. Yesterday my wife made a great sausage pizza from scratch with what we had laying around. We did have a block of sharp cheddar, so she didn’t make that part

Chris.

https://www.foxvalleyfoodie.com/ultimate-philly-cheesesteak-grilled-cheese/

stacked-philly-cheesesteak-grilled-cheese.jpg

Last edited:
White sandwich bread works in a pinch. Grew up in Philly and ate more than a few cheesteaks on white bread when I was a kid making my own lunch. Cook it slab style instead of chopping it so it stays in the slices of bread.

Do you have flour and yeast to make rolls? Might be something to do while stuck in the house. Yesterday my wife made a great sausage pizza from scratch with what we had laying around. We did have a block of sharp cheddar, so she didn’t make that part

Chris.

https://www.foxvalleyfoodie.com/ultimate-philly-cheesesteak-grilled-cheese/

stacked-philly-cheesesteak-grilled-cheese.jpg

I've been on a Brioche kick lately so we have a couple slices left and I have a sliced loaf in the freezer. Make great grilled cheese sandwiches. But, you may have just given me an idea. Thanks!!

Back