THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JeffW

Knows what a fatty is.
Son in law wanted a smoked turkey and like an idiot I agreed. Since I am cooking tomorrow, I agreed that I would do his on Wednesday.

Go outside and fond that 3/4 full barrel of charcoal developed a leak and it was all ruined. I guess that is what I get for buying plastic. Lid developed a crack. Off to store wifey goes for more charcoal. Damn, i got those bags a really good price.

Smoked bird and It tastes good, Skin is a little dark on spots, but he is going to cut it up before he takes it to his parents house. I also know that cherry wood makes dark skin.

bird1.jpg

Is there a "best" way to store charcoal? I've seen some people using rubbermaid tubs. I've just left mine in the bag. I haven't had to store it very long, and it's worked. But, I picked up 4 bags of Royal Oak brickets today at Mendards for $5/ea and they might sit for a while since I still got a few bags in the shed.

I keep my stash in the garage or the shed - and a bag in a large plastic bin with the rest of my eggcessories on the deck.

Back