• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beefy Crusty Back Ribs

Radrob

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
DANG, the Saints lost but I'm still a winner for 2 reasons.

Saints are still going to the playoffs and I just sampled 2 ribs, I think the ribs win over the game.

After two hours of smoke
100-5714-1.jpg

And finally after resting for 15 minutes, these were cooked without wrapping and spritzed with a new concoction I made to get a dark bark. A little over 3 hours smoked 300-325, spritzed
100-5723-1.jpg

100-5722-1.jpg

100-5720-1.jpg

I know it doesn't look like there's meat on those bones but it's so rich that you won't want a 3rd one and a delicacy for $10.
100-5721-1.jpg

None of the beef back ribs around here have no where near that amount of meat. Lucky you.

All of the beef back ribs I find around here are more suited for making bone broth.Those look Tastee.

None of the beef back ribs around here have no where near that amount of meat. Lucky you.

All of the beef back ribs I find around here are more suited for making bone broth.Those look Tastee.

I can't always find those but it seems like it's always after a prime rib or ribeye sale when I find them, I've been known to buy the whole display and ask for more.

Plenty of meat for a back rib. And a good price too. I'd take that any day. Thanks for sharing.

I like that the butchers aren't indoctrinated from corporate to get every gram of meat off the bones and I do love the price!!

That's a fine looking plate of deliciousness.

Love back ribs when I can find them with enough meat on them. Those look great.

Wow...$2.47/lb???? I would buy a whole case at that price. Ribs looked absolutely delicious!!!

I found some like that at my local Brookshires last year. I had never seen them there before. The next week I went back for more and there were none. I asked the butcher when they would have more of them and he told me that when I saw them advertising boneless ribeye steaks that they would have the ribs as well. He said if there were none in the case just ask for him and he could cut me some. I bought a lot of ribs every time since they were priced 2.99 per pound. The last time they had ribeyes on sale I went to get some, had to ask for the butcher, and a new guy came out. I told him what I wanted and he said he does sell them that way, and that the old butcher had gone to work at a different store in south Louisiana. Sure miss that deal.

That spritz looks like it did a great job. Care to share?

Thanks,
Randy

I'll second that request to share.

And how often did you spritz? Did you layout your charcoal in a snake methodology?

And BTW, that is some great looking BBQ!

Back