• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cinco de Drinko tacos

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My wife is Mexican so I always make a big deal out of Cinco de Mayo because they don’t...my dry sense of humor I guess. I’ll use any excuse possible to eat tacos and drink tequila so yeah.

These are the thick flanken cut beef short ribs I bought from Sam’s for $3.xx/lb

I made a marinade from the rub on the left and some oil...big fan of AlbuKirky seasonings, thanks to Pig_Farmer for sending me these in a brethren trade round :thumb:

Love grilling these onions...so good

Cooked the short ribs indirect @425* until they were almost done and gave either side a quick sear. Gotta have grilled nopales with tacos.

Sliced thin across the grain, they were pretty tender but I don’t like any tug when taking a bite out of my tacos

Time to eat...margarita to wash it all down :thumb: gonna sleep peacefully tonight :becky:

After those tacos, I bet everyone is looking forward to next Cinco de Mayo. Me, I'd eat 'em anytime... all the time...

:laugh:That is a feast my brother. Killer!

And so true that Mexicans can give two chits about Cinco De Mayo. I guess because a lot of people confuse Cinco De Mayo (victory over the French ) with Mexican Independence Day (basically revolt on the Spanish) which is September 16th.

giphy.gif

Wow, that looks delicious!

I'm all about some Christmas in Mayo.... (big fan of those rubs).

Looks awesome suds! Tablitas may be one of my favorite foods. Never had it on a taco but I'm thinking that is going to have to change very soon!

Looks awesome suds! Tablitas may be one of my favorite foods. Never had it on a taco but I'm thinking that is going to have to change very soon!

I basically drew an imaginary line across the bones and cut the meat for the tacos off of it, left the bone section off to the side (for gnawing on, obviously), then thinly sliced the meaty piece at an angle and across the grain for taco fodder. It worked really well, lots of flavor in that cut of meat.

Back