Just came to post the same thing. Got through to this link.

https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/pro...il&utm_term=0_fcff6660d6-dacf7e956d-501470601

Sako should get royalties for this.

HeMYAfFg.png

Great news Thingfish but I am so disappointed in you. You didn't announce the biggest news of all. The Pit Barrel Cooker Company is now selling mountable bottle openers. I have mentioned many times that no smoker is complete without a bottle opener but was too afraid to try it on my PBC. Well now I think I am going to have to get one!!!

I have the new stuff in my cart right now, wondering if I should pull the trigger. To be honest, I have good skewers already but I'm really jazzed up about the Ultimate Hook Tool!

Great news Thingfish but I am so disappointed in you. You didn't announce the biggest news of all. The Pit Barrel Cooker Company is now selling mountable bottle openers. I have mentioned many times that no smoker is complete without a bottle opener but was too afraid to try it on my PBC. Well now I think I am going to have to get one!!!

My PBC is a virgin (drill-wise). Only the 5 original holes for me! There is also a new hat that looks nice.

I have the new stuff in my cart right now, wondering if I should pull the trigger. To be honest, I have good skewers already but I'm really jazzed up about the Ultimate Hook Tool!

The closed loop on the Ultimate Hook Tool will make it difficult or at least awkward to let go of the SS hook when it is hung on the PBC rod.
I made my own hook tool with a heavy duty eye hook opened up far enough to allow passage of the SS hangers. :idea:

The closed loop on the Ultimate Hook Tool will make it difficult or at least awkward to let go of the SS hook when it is hung on the PBC rod.
I made my own hook tool with a heavy duty eye hook opened up far enough to allow passage of the SS hangers. :idea:
There are two ends to that tool???

:wink:

I'm very interested in this but I think I want to wait and see some pictures and or video of this in use before I pull the trigger

There are two ends to that tool???

:wink:
Ah, yes that is true. The other end serves a very useful purpose. In my case, it would be a bit redundant since I have these and a few stationary ones located around the cooking area. Consequently the new PBC tool isn't a big attraction for me. I'm holding out for a glow-in-the-dark can cozy with a built in low level warning buzzer.
BBQ folks seem to have unusual wish lists.
picture.php

My concern with the Ultimate Hook Tool is you are apt to spill some beer while placing or removing your food from the rebar. Might be a bit of a learning curve!

I'm going to do another cook this weekend. I've been dealing with low temp issue. I'm wondering where you guys point the intake hold in windy condition.
Let's say if the wind is blowing from south to north, where do you point the intake?

I'm going to do another cook this weekend. I've been dealing with low temp issue. I'm wondering where you guys point the intake hold in windy condition.
Let's say if the wind is blowing from south to north, where do you point the intake?

Exactly my situation. Wind is always from the south and I have my intake to the north. Don't want the wind blowing directly in. Then again, I'm usually trying to keep the temps DOWN.....

I'm the other way around. I want hot and fast. should I point it south to face the wind?

I've heard people say to run it 90 degrees from the wind. Then you still get airflow but it doesn't over run the temp.

Back