Primitive Pits

2k for a propane tank smoker, that only holds 4 briskets? I could not do that.

I like their stuff. It’d be on my short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad Haden aluminum PK when I was a kid about 65 years ago. I don't guess it was primative but it was a long time ago. It really grilled a good burger. I think I read somewhere recently that someone is making the PK again. I'd like to have one just for. Old times sake.

My Dad Haden aluminum PK when I was a kid about 65 years ago. I don't guess it was primative but it was a long time ago. It really grilled a good burger. I think I read somewhere recently that someone is making the PK again. I'd like to have one just for. Old times sake.

e07089eb6d1d868f68609cefb1fe4c3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Franklin Style" I guess you have to be "Rich" to afford one of these "Franklin Style" smokers at over 2k.

You going to send $4,000 to a company you dont even know exists? Neither is anyone else....

The "Babe" is under 2k, the Bubba is close to 4k, I can't imagine how much the "Bull" cost. You need to call for price. I wonder if "Franklin" would answer?

My take, no paint and not even a stinking shelf. Run, run long run fast run hard but run. Now this is just my opinion there is company out here I believe selling unpainted smokers too. I guess if your into rat rods this works for you. Again just my opinion.

it seems like unpainted pits are gaining popularity in recent years. You see more and more of them since Franklin became so popular.

it seems like unpainted pits are gaining popularity in recent years. You see more and more of them since Franklin became so popular.

Well, you know the lack of paint, on his cooker, is what makes his food good. IMO, this is nothing more, than someone trying to cash in on Franklin's popularity. If most people seen those cookers on CL for those prices, they would laugh. Not saying they aren't any good, but the prices are absurd, for what you are getting.

Just using the name "Franklin" for one of their cookers kinda sets of the "shady chit" alarm bells for me.

Might be great pits, but claiming the "Franklin" name makes me dubious.

Unpainted, made to look like a 24/7 used pit at Frankins....yeah....OK

Steep price on all pits.

User reviews, anyone?

When I think “smoker” that’s what I think!

That being said, their prices are silly...

For that price you'd think they could throw in a paint job. Other than that they look nice. Big firebox.

Personally I don’t care for that unfinished, unpainted look. My horizontal offset has sat outside uncovered for 30 years and it still looks better to me than those re-used unpainted propane tank jobs. And the knicks and knocks and rust spots it does have were hard-earned thru 30 years of smokin meat . . . and generated 30 years of great memories and some great stories along with them.

Perhaps the main difference is makin it versus buying it ready made from someone else. When Franklin started out, his didn’t look like that on purpose — they looked like that because he made them himself from whatever he could scrounge up, and I’m sure he had a lot of pride about it. I would too. But personally I wouldn’t take pride in paying a couple grand to buy a brand new smoker from a business that looks like a rat rod when you first get it.

Back