View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Oldskull
Knows what a fatty is.

Default First pork butt x 2

I did my first overnighter. I did two 4 1/4 lb pork butts in my Smokey Joe - mini WMS. I started at 9pm because I waited all day trying to decide when to start so it ended up being an overnighter. I used Yardbird on one and The Rub Co. - Santa Maria on the other....because that's what I had. I pulled it after it past 192 deg. but it was back down to 182 when the Maverick alarm went off. I kept it between 245 and 270 for the first 4 to 5 hours and then fell asleep. I pulled it off at about 5am I think. Unfortunately, I pulled it before work at 8am and had to wait until tonight to try it. I liked the way it turned out, but I am going to try to get more rub on there next time. I was hoping for more flavor in the bark. Anyway, these are my second and third butts but I don't have pictures of the first one from last week's camping trip. I have to get the pictures of that one later when I see the relatives. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Oldskull; 08-15-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Oldskull is offline   Reply With Quote