• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

Are we going to have any drum cookers this year?
I remember a few years back we had one.
It was a pit barrel smoker at the 2019 Spring Bash.
Can't remember who.
I do remember it was great!!

Last edited:
If anyone is wanting a close-by hotel room that weekend, there is a pretty new Holiday Inn Express in Sanger, just off I-35N. In Pilot Point, there is the Four Horsemen Travel Lodge. I've never stayed there, but it seems to have mostly decent reviews. It's been there a long time. Lone Star Lodge and Marina (formerly Lantana) is also in Pilot Point, located in Jordan State Park on Lake Ray Roberts.

Thanks for posting the hotel info. :mrgreen:

If anyone is wanting a close-by hotel room that weekend, there is a pretty new Holiday Inn Express in Sanger, just off I-35N. In Pilot Point, there is the Four Horsemen Travel Lodge. I've never stayed there, but it seems to have mostly decent reviews. It's been there a long time. Lone Star Lodge and Marina (formerly Lantana) is also in Pilot Point, located in Jordan State Park on Lake Ray Roberts.

Ag76 and I have stayed at both these places for the Bash. The LSL is nicer but cost more. The 4 horsemen is old but clean, everything works and cheaper.

I have posted the Invite to The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash in Q-Talk.
Please head over there and post often!!
Would be great to have more Brethren and their families attend this year!

We have only 49 Days till the Bash!! :mrgreen:

If you are thinking about going to the Bash please get signed up!
It helps with everyone knowing how many are attending and trying figure out what and how much to cook!!
Thanks,
Hotch :mrgreen:

I am very disappointed. I had made our travel plans for the week after the bash.
But our son’s closing on their house forced me to move it up a week as I need to take my wife to IL first.
I’ve read through some of these TX bash threads and really wanted to make this one.

I am very disappointed. I had made our travel plans for the week after the bash.
But our son’s closing on their house forced me to move it up a week as I need to take my wife to IL first.
I’ve read through some of these TX bash threads and really wanted to make this one.
No worries. Family first!
See you next time!! :mrgreen:

Last night Shelly received a text from Chris's (aka, sliding_billy) wife.
She asked for prayers as Chris is in ICU, on a ventilator and sedated. They said he might have had a seizure or possibly another stroke.
Chris and his family would appreciate your prayers at this time.
Chris we are praying for you and your family my friend.

Last night Shelly received a text from Chris's (aka, sliding_billy) wife.
She asked for prayers as Chris is in ICU, on a ventilator and sedated. They said he might have had a seizure or possibly another stroke.
Chris and his family would appreciate your prayers at this time.
Chris we are praying for you and your family my friend.

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for Chris and Family. Godspeed on a quick recovery.

Back