Country Style??

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OK, Safeway has bone in country style ribs on sale for .99/lb (for the umpteenth time) After searching here, it looks like everyone does them low and slow. Is this the only way you would recomend cooking them??

Thanks
Paul

Not necessarily. I grill them hot and fast over coals (sear'em just like a steak) and then set them off coals till they are done and I like them just fine. Too me, it depends on how fast I want to eat and how much time I have. I just season with a little salt, pepper, and gran garlic, and I could eat'em all day every day

If you do them quick they will be tougher (you'll probably need a steak knife) but they still taste good to me. They are not so tough you want to give them to the dog.

That's true, if you grill you will need a knife, but I've never had any that were too tough to eat though.

Grill them about the same as doing pork steaks. Like others have said, not quite as tender but great tasting.

I have grilled them before as well and you will need a knife.... but damn they are good. I have also made them on smoker and had them come out VERY good just once!! I am now chasing that great smoke for the country style, but have missed tha last couple of times I have tried it. I will find them once again!!! I will keep trying. (On the grill, I really don't sauce, I just put on some Pappy's prime rib rub and boy those are good!!!)

I agree, low and slow or fast grillin, ALMOST impossible to mess 'em up.

They're delish!

I do mine on the grill. Rub em down with rib rub and let them set awhile. Then set the kettle up for indirect cooking, coals off to both sides. Dial the grill to about 350 add a little cherry smoke and go at it. Pull at around 160* and they are nice and juicy. I like to pick out the ones with plenty of fat running through the ribs, they come out nice and tender.

Back