Chris, about this Herbamare stuff...you considered or already tried using this stuff mixed with kosher for a poultry dry brine?

It would be rather expensive, but I wonder if the salt would pull the herbal flavors through the skin with it.

Thanks for the rub recipe! I really appreciate it. :thumb:
It does pull the flavors in, and yes...it makes for a pricey brine!:becky:

allrighty...I move kinda slow, but this week I start gathering up the ingredients for this...looking forward to trying it.

OK, everyone tell me what you really think about this rub! LOL
From reading this thread it has to be good.

I ordered up the three spices I'm missing and I'm going to try this out. Wish me luck...

thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep, this is not a hot rub. This is my all purpose rub that even the weenies (my wife) can tolerate. I made it that way after taking some sage advice that not everyone likes getting their tongue blasted, but everyone likes flavor. I'm a chile head so all my rubs a few years back tended toward the hot end of the spectrum.

We put it on damn near everything here. Except for when we are trying to dwindle down the supply of other rubs we have on hand!

Great rub, I have not made it yet but it looks really intresting.. This really exudes the true bretheren attitude...

Thanks! I tip my hat to you sir..!

I just realized that there are 11 ingredients in Foil Hat Rub and that is an odd number. Until now, it was my favorite rub, but what am I to do? It sure would be nice if you could adjust the recipe so there are only 8 ingredients. If I go on using it, I'll be known as a loser .... What's that? Too late, you say?

I ordered the stuff I need to make it last night. When it gets here, it's on! :clap2:

Question about the Williams chili powder - I saw some stuff that was called Williams Chili Seasoning

Williams Chili Seasoning Bulk Mix 18 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Is that what yer talking about?
Yes, that's the stuff. My bad for calling it the wrong thing.:doh: They carry it at Sam's here, but it's made locally (they are within rock throwing distance of my house, if you use a big slingshot).

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I just realized that there are 11 ingredients in Foil Hat Rub and that is an odd number. Until now, it was my favorite rub, but what am I to do? It sure would be nice if you could adjust the recipe so there are only 8 ingredients. If I go on using it, I'll be known as a loser .... What's that? Too late, you say?
Gore, I hate to break the news to you, but you will no longer be able to eat Prime Rib, because as we all know Prime numbers are all odd numbers, except for 2, which is not 8 which would be ideal. Sorry.

Back