Any of the brethren eaten at this 110 yr old joint?

Yep, stopped there on the way home from the Texas Bash last fall. Was OK, good juicy chopped pork, but not much smoke flavor. You can have it on a sandwich with or without coleslaw, or by the pound.

u6mYMjvh.jpg

JBCJIgHh.jpg

2Zlz24Zh.jpg

ZaHchzmh.jpg

MOFNTI8h.jpg

Did you get to see the pits? Seems like I have heard of them from some documentary, but I can't remember which one. They spend as much time cutting wood as they do cooking.

One thing on the menu.........a restauranteurs dream!. I like Andy's picture of the menu, no volume discount whatsoever, lol. Ok, we can do the math.......:laugh:

I like the picture of the "bun"..............just regular old pieces of bread :-D

One thing on the menu.........a restauranteurs dream!. I like Andy's picture of the menu, no volume discount whatsoever, lol. Ok, we can do the math.......:laugh:

I like the picture of the "bun"..............just regular old pieces of bread :-D

Not all the folks in that part of Arkansas can do the math.:doh:

BTW - Jones' is not the only black owned BBQ in Arkansas that uses bread for "buns".

I've never had the pleasure of trying Jones' BBQ. Every time I've been anywhere near them I've had something else I've had to do.:mad: However one of these days I'll get by there to answer for myself whether Jones' or Craig's has the best BBQ in Eastern Arkansas. That has been debated for years by the locals.

Back