• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cordless electric knife recommendations

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cordless electric knife - after slicing 12 briskets by hand I think I could speed up the process a bit using one, and I think they might cut through crusty bark a little better than a serrated knife. I looked on Amazon on there was a Cuisinart for ~$72 and a Waring for $179. The Cuisinart seemed to have issues with the case cracking based on the reviews, while the Waring has great reviews but is a bit pricey for home use IMO. Anyone have a cordless knife they'd recommend?

Brother we did brisket for 1100 people earlier this year, we bought 4 different electric knives/filet knives to try out. Not one was worth a crap. We went to slicing by hand until my sous chef suggested we use our slicers, these worked beautifully. We used a German Knife Company brand and a Hobart Slicer.
We let them rest for about 4 hours, then pulled 2 out at a time, sliced them, repanned them in 400 hotel pans with some WARM Au Jus (about 140 F) covered with foil, left a corner open so it could "breath" and put them back in a 160 F food warmer. Turned out ok, I put the first ones in the chafing dishes to soon and they were a little dry in my opinion but everyone loved them. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Last edited:
I have a nice slicer but found that the bark and fat gummed it up and it started tearing some of the meat and making a mess. It's possible my blade needs sharpening, but often times my briskets are hard to handle without wanting to flip apart.

Was the Waring I posted above one of them you tried? I had a corded knife years ago that seemed to work pretty well but i want something i can use at a competition where i may not have access to power.

Google Filletzall, they make a blade that fits a reciprocating saw, just pop it in your cordless sawzall of choice. I have a small Milwaukee brand, works great.

Larry

I have used the meat slicer and it is quick, but not without issues. I mostly use a 14” granton edge slicer that is kept super sharp. Works much better than serrated knives.

The knives are cheap, like $30 for a Mercer, but the chefs’ choice sharpener to keep it razor sharp will dent the wallet a bit more.

I have a nice slicer but found that the bark and fat gummed it up and it started tearing some of the meat and making a mess. It's possible my blade needs sharpening, but often times my briskets are hard to handle without wanting to flip apart.

Was the Waring I posted above one of them you tried? I had a corded knife years ago that seemed to work pretty well but i want something i can use at a competition where i may not have access to power.

No sir we did not test the Waring brand, we tested the Mister Twister (yellow/green) filet knife, Rapala heavy duty, Mister Twister saltwater piranha (white/blue) and the Pro EFK. All were side by side when I went to Cabelas.

We cut the slices about .25" approximately 4-5 ounces per slice. It did make a mess, brisket all over the wall, ceiling and floor.

Last edited:
Google Filletzall, they make a blade that fits a reciprocating saw, just pop it in your cordless sawzall of choice. I have a small Milwaukee brand, works great.

Larry
That is awesome thank you Larry. I ordered 2 of the 12" for $39 each.

Back