• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Nashville Hot Roadside Chicken

drunkenmeatfist

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I decided to do a mash up of the two recipes on some thighs tonight. The meat will be cooked roadside style with basting and flipping often. However, the basting sauce is oil, vinegar, and the Hattie B dry ingredients which includes a good chunk of cayenne. Hopefully it turns out better than the hot wing style ribs I tried the other day. I'll try to post some pics here in a little bit. Anyone ever try this?

I haven't tried it the way you're making it

Big fan of Hattie B's.

Really looking forward to your end results!

If you need to clear your sinuses then this might be the recipe. Each time I baste I give myself a mild version of being pepper sprayed in the face.

Well here is the finished product. It took longer and was drier than my normal roadside chicken so there was certainly some user error involved. This recipe brought some heat though. Got the sweats and tingling lips pretty quick, but I am pretty wimpy when it comes to hot stuff. Overall, I would say that it was a success. I am sure others here, like emtnate, can come up with all kinds of improvements. I'd seen the variations of roadside chicken, but haven't seen a definitive recipe for an extra spicy version. Hope someone can nail it down.

Last edited:
Back