Fark. I never heard from you and I never chased you down. :doh: A missed opportunity.

This is still on my list of things to try. Got the recipe saved separately in a special place. Having to brave the traffic and people at Whole Foods is probably my biggest issue. I am curious about the 1part X-Hot Barker New Mexico Chile Powder. You say this isn't hot. My wife doesn't like ANY heat. I'm tempted to substitute something a little more mild...

Life would be so much simpler if you could convince one of our brethren who is already selling rubs to get this packaged up for you. How much more work could it be. :crazy: I would try it.

Not a missed opportunity. Gimme a holler! :thumb:

I need 50 dollars to make you holler, I get paid to do the wild thing.

^^^:tsk: Why is that still taking up vital space in my brain?

While that chile powder is on the hot side, the final rub is very mild. My wife is very sensitive to heat, and is in fact allergic to many varieties of peppers. She has no problem at all with this rub. In case that helps.

I think Chris should repost all of the Mad BBQ Scientist experiments that lead to this rub, and all of the research and finding detailing the individual ingredients.

...what??? You actually believed me when I said I did a bunch of testing and all that?:loco:

I can't find the Williams Chili Seasoning locally. I have the dulse, herbamare, and paprika. I have seen McCormicks Chili Seasoning and others, but want to stay true to the recipe.

Paul

I made a batch of this about a month ago, after looking for a long time for two ingredients. :mmph: I have made ribs with it twice and they were a hit both times. I will need to branch out and use it on more. I love how it doesn't stand out like was said before. It compliments meat very well.

Thanks for sharing!

I am so glad as a newfly that this post was back on top... Got spices ordered for this rub. Sounds yummy.

Very much a newbie here, and I wanted to post my sincere thanks to bigabyte for posting this rub recipe. I made some up last night (minus the Herbamare and Dulce, since I couldnt find it, but added a little mustard and celery seed) for my first rack of ribs ever. Rubbed them down, went out and set up the kettle with a cast iron pan and some bricks, and gave 'em one more rub once the grill was hot.

Let them go about 4 hours or so, and they were amazing. I was shocked I didnt screw something up.

Much thanks for making a new guy feel like a pro!

Brother gtr stopped by last Saturday with a batch he made up for me - I can't wait to try it! :clap2:

Just wanted to give some more praise for the Foil Hat Rub. Made up a new batch with the Dulce and Herbamare, and did up a beer can chicken with Dr. Pepper. (Yep, I read about how it doesnt make a difference....)

Rubbed it down, let it sit, and then rubbed some under the skin and on top, and put it on the kettle with the weber baskets on either side. Cooked up great, got a nice crispy skin, and more praises from the folks munching on it.

Thanks again for sharing!

The Herbamare is a common product in Canada. They have it at the regular grocery stores and it is dirt cheap, at least compared to what they sell it for here. That said, did I remember to buy any and bring it back with me on any of my last trips? :doh: Dulse is also a Nova Scotia product. :doh: :doh: Chris, are you sure you're from Kansas?

It may not be a really good idea bringing large quantities of herbs back from Canada, if you catch my drift.:wink:

Back