View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman9 View Post
Hey yall I'm relatively new here and love all the information and experimenting and knowledge I have learned. I have been a long time reader lol. Anyways in August I am doing my first competition as an amateur. I own a CookShack SM025 smoker and will be doing ribs and chicken. I have my ribs pretty much where I want them but am having one heck of a time with the chicken! Im just looking for some advice on how to make the chicken right. I am in Virginia and don't really know what the judges will be looking for. It is a KCBS sanctioned event by the way. Here are some "experimental" ribs I tried using seasoned oak wood, and tried 3 different rubs which were YardBird Plowboy, Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow, and John Henry Rub. The Simply Marvelous was the best by far. I am running a rack right now of spare ribs with the Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction and oak. Any pointers would be great! Thanks!
Are the only meats to be cooked, chicken and ribs? Depending on the sanctioning applied for, your cooker may not be legal.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote