First Day of Fall- Frito Pie

My family is headed to the OU game today - cool damp weather. A big bowl of chili would really go down nice. Any chance you’ll be tailgating in Norman today? That looks like excellent football grub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bride just had her 4th bowl of the day. I had two and quit @1230. Long fast. But my bowls were adult sized. We really enjoy cooking soups stews and chili with smoked/grilled meat.

Nice! Can't wait for fall to get here! 92 yesterday. I turned the wife on to frito pie a couple of years ago. She was amazed! I feel sorry for her!

Starting to cool off a bit here in the evenings. Chili looks mighty tasty!

I'm looking forward to soups, stews and chili, got about 6 more weeks before things cool off.

OUTSTANDING!!! Frito pie is one of my favorite cool weather dishes.

Speaking as one who tried this only after you posted it, do you cut back on the salt with the chili, if you know about using the Frito's ahead of time?

Speaking as one who tried this only after you posted it, do you cut back on the salt with the chili, if you know about using the Frito's ahead of time?

Yes. This particular seasoning is “no salt added”. Between the Fritos and the cheese there’s plenty of salt. This was my last packet so I can’t check label. However Williams “no salt added” by itself ——-it’s definitely not salty.

I enjoy trying the various chili seasonings. Read the labels. Ingredients vary wildly.

Yes. This particular seasoning is “no salt added”. Between the Fritos and the cheese there’s plenty of salt. This was my last packet so I can’t check label. However Williams “no salt added” by itself ——-it’s definitely not salty.

I enjoy trying the various chili seasonings. Read the labels. Ingredients vary wildly.
Your response is very important as a baseline, because we cook "from scratch".

We, because of my wife's love of spices and herbs, have ALL the basics.

In our household, there are no chili seasonings. It's "Mixture? We don't need no stinking mixture!".

Back