• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicago Summer/Fall 2020 Bash Planning

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sounds like Captain Ron is swamped at work, so I'll step up and see if we can get something going. Looks like Ron looked into some options and since we are The Brethren, Cook County seems like the only possibility (Only county that allows alcohol at their forest preserves). Thanks for the leg work Ron! :thumb: Being Crook County, you know they charge outrageous fees for the permit and we need to get the permit at least 14 days before the event.

Looks like the earliest we could have it is Saturday August 8th. No permits are being issued before then. So the next question is where do we have it? Camp Ground Woods in Des Plaines where we've had it the last few years? Somewhere else? North, South, East or West? Chime in people!

Do we have it in August like in past years? Or is August too hot? Maybe that's the cause for the lack of participation in past years. Maybe push it to September?

Who's in? Who's a maybe? Or do we skip this year with all the Rona stuff and regroup next year? Post below and let us all know.

Last edited:
This means I need to start a batch on Oranchello, since I forgot to bring it last year.

Have you tried lime? My BIL and SIL have been making lemon, orange and lime and we think that the lime is the best one!

Guys-

I am in no matter when/where. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

Wish i could join y'all again this this year. Last year was a blast!

Hey guys I haven’t forgotten about you, had some stuff come up, still working on dates. Location would be in bensenville, IL. Let me know if that would work for everyone and a potential number of people.

Works for me. Thanks for offering to host the Bash. Campground Woods, where we've had the bash the last few years is just a little NE of O'Hare & Bensenville is just a little SW of O'Hare, so it's probably within 15 minutes.

Back