• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Initial Grilldome cook...

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
OK, I know it's been almost 2 months, but replacing a bathroom, an outrageous work schedule and in general life, have kept me from this auspicious occasion. So, I wan tto make some pizza in the grilldome, it's virgin, where/how do I start, choice large pieces of lump, and fire her up? Temp to 550's? Is there a break in period with ceramics? something special to be done? Help a brother out here. Scott

PS, I made a crappy table today...I love wood working, but God knows I have the skill of a gnats ass in getting things to work right, I'm embarassed by the quality so no photo's. Scott

Not really a break in period for ceramics but just to be on the safe side let her hold 250 for 30 min by closing down the top and bottom vents equally as soon as it starts getting close to 250 until it stabelizes, then open em till u get 550 and hopefully you got a pizzer stone in there the hole time and if so you are READY.

GOOD!
I was about to come get it and bring it back here!

gnat's ass is definitely bigger then an RCH...

Man Jdub, it was getting bad. I ripped out an old bathroom, extended it into a bedroom then re-installed a tub/shower and toilet. Still got to dry wall and do tiling. Will get a photo up shortly of the God awful table....not to mention I've been layed out twice with strep and a sinus infection....damn kids at work....twice had them hack in my face while caring for them....

Its probably just as well i don't see it. I have finally got a little pile of devices I like-I have the Hasty bake on CL, the last thing I need is to get a case of "cooker envy". I'll bet a donut hole that guy still has those other two domes.

Does he have the ash tool and the real double decker grill? the grill dome web site is abismal at best. Haven't found a second dealer for their items. Scott

I would bet he has nothing. Complete Heat, was that him?

Hey Yak I have been using these in my Egg. A inexpensive 2nd cooking surface.

http://www.acemart.com/product-view.ep?pID=821244

http://www.acemart.com/kitchen-supp...l-rack-for-32-qt-stock-pot-each/prod9039.html

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

Back