• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

You're All Invited to The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on April 24

I'm thinking I'll pickup a 10-12 lb Brisket to cook at the Bash. You guys may need to keep an eye on it as I tend to wonder around.

I'll trim and prep it at the house Friday, bag it and get it on as early as I can Saturday morning. So I'll have a bit less space during the day. Ag76, I believe will bring his big ole custom offset and probably run it around 250ish? And FatDad, aka Mark, will have his cooker there also. Not sure what it is but good news is he's cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

One other note, I started to help mentor the Prosper HS BBQ Team this year, Prosper Pitmasters, and have sent my tables with them to use at State Championship this Saturday. So if you have one, please bring it. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Well no luck on finding a 10-11 lb brisket.
Running out out time to look!:mrgreen:

What are the local grocery store chains out there that have good meat. I understand HEB isn't up that way. Any place to find a tri tip?

Not in my part of the world.
Hirsch's meat market in Plano maybe.
Phone: (972) 633-5593 :mrgreen:

I'm thinking I'll pickup a 10-12 lb Brisket to cook at the Bash. You guys may need to keep an eye on it as I tend to wonder around.

I'll trim and prep it at the house Friday, bag it and get it on as early as I can Saturday morning. So I'll have a bit less space during the day. Ag76, I believe will bring his big ole custom offset and probably run it around 250ish? And FatDad, aka Mark, will have his cooker there also. Not sure what it is but good news is he's cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

One other note, I started to help mentor the Prosper HS BBQ Team this year, Prosper Pitmasters, and have sent my tables with them to use at State Championship this Saturday. So if you have one, please bring it. :mrgreen:
I normally cook the night before. If I try cooking onsite it never finishes cooking before people start leaving. With everyone opening the cooker every 15 minutes even hot and fast isn't fast. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anyone is in the mood for breaking out a stein full of beer, German Fest is happening this Friday to Sunday in Muenster, TX about 30 minutes North of the bash at Lake Ray Roberts. They even have a BBQ cookoff on Saturday. If you are a sausage lover, definitely hit up Fischer's Meat Market which is only 80 years old!

http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/meatproducts.html

Jay, aka Ag76, looks like your cooker is gonna get a workout this Saturday!!
We should have a great Bash!! :mrgreen:

If anyone is in the mood for breaking out a stein full of beer, German Fest is happening this Friday to Sunday in Muenster, TX about 30 minutes North of the bash at Lake Ray Roberts. They even have a BBQ cookoff on Saturday. If you are a sausage lover, definitely hit up Fischer's Meat Market which is only 80 years old!

http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/meatproducts.html

Fischer's is the best! Get some jalapeno cheese summer sausage. Great variety of meats and grab a cherry cream cheese stuedel too (from a local bakery).

I used to hunt south of Muenster and have deer processed there. At that time there weren't feral hogs in the area (they are there now) and I would have loved some wild hog sausage made by them.

Jeanie (cowgirl) is also a fan of Fischer's. If you see her, tell her howdy from me.

Andy, I recommend Heim BBQ in Fort Worth.

Heard from friends that Heim has really gone downhill since they opened other locations and don't recommend it. Recommend Panther City in FW, Hurtado's in Arlington and 407.

So today is my prep day. Once I finish surfing and my coffee I'll start getting things going.
Need to prep the Prairie Fresh Ribs I got from Charred 380 and pre mix the Butter Bath. Make a run to the store for ice and a few other things. Go back through the gear and make sure I have what I think we need to bring. I'll probably load the pickup early in the morning as it won't take but a few minutes.
See you at the Bash tomorrow!! :mrgreen:

Looks like some possible nasty weather (hail, high winds) this afternoon but looks like nice weather tomorrow. Looking forward to lots of pictures of awesome people and food.
Weather guys always go for the worst possible to happen!
Hope they are way off once again.
But yes, tomorrow looks to be great weather for the Bash!! :mrgreen:

Heard from friends that Heim has really gone downhill since they opened other locations and don't recommend it. Recommend Panther City in FW, Hurtado's in Arlington and 407.

Well dang, I just ate at the new one on Mockingbird by Love Field and I thought it was pretty darn tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_110951041.jpg
    IMG_20210423_110951041.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 110
Back