View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #116
RCAlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RCAlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Kettle View Post
I'll be watching this product closely. My Camp Chef pellet grill has been a source of continuing frustration for me (when it works its amazing, when the fire goes out unexpectedly in the middle of a cook with company coming over, its hellish).

Had been thinking for awhile someone should try to bastardize a pellet grill and a charcoal grill and now here we are. Seems like an amazing concept.

Funny you post/thought that... I’ve felt the same way and have managed to create a pellet/charcoal grill Cyborg of my own... Originally, I owned a PB Austin XL... Long story short, I had the topical entry level pellet grill short comings... ie. Reliability, temp swings and the lack of true hardwood smoke flavor. I added a Pellet Pro PID Controller to my Austin XL to eliminate the sometimes wild temp swings and added the SmokeDaddy Magnum P.IG. Cold Smoke Canister to my grill to now be able to enjoy true hardwood smoke flavor again while using a pellet grill and I can’t be happier. I was locked away in my garage creating my Cyborg pellet, offset cold smoker and when I finally emerged and saw day light again... lol. I looked and saw that there was a new smoker that was getting a lot of attention online... No, not the Weber Smoke/Misfire, but the MB 560 GF. I had to go and see one in person at the local Wally World. Looked pretty nice and I can see why there is such and attraction for it. Heck, if I hadn’t already went the pellet grill route, I probably would’ve gotten myself a MB 560 GF as well. But I did go the pellet grill route and with the mods I’ve done to my Austin XL, I’m completely satisfied. I have Set it and Forget it, Charcoal/hardwood smoke plus a touch of pellet smoke and no more crazy temp swings or flame outs. Having said all that, you can hang in there with your Camp Chef and modify it... It’s what makes the bbq hobby so much and interesting or you can take the Gravity Feed plunge with the MB 560 GF. Either way, I’m sure you’ll be happy. Good luck.