Pork Butts for Graduation Party

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I cooked a couple of pork butts today for a buddy whose son was having his graduation party tomorrow (Saturday). As luck would have it, it rained most of the day. All in all, it turned out pretty good. Enjoy the pron.

Prep
005-3.jpg

The setup (used my canopy to keep the guru dry)
007-2.jpg

Butt #1
063.jpg

Butt #2
064.jpg

Bagged and ready for the fridge
065.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Good looking butts!

However; Your pan is too clean and so are the leads on the temp probes, your truck has no dirt and your lawn is too well manicured. On top of that, you're too organized with them baggies of meat... Que more, clean less, relax... (ball bustin mod):mrgreen:

How long did you smoke them Butt's

Matt,

I had a friend ask me to do the same thing. I had the Butt's on the smoker for 5 hours and the radar indicated a huge rain coming in. I pulled them, shut down my smoker and put them in the oven to finish.

How long do you normally smoke Pork butts?

Good looking butts!

However; Your pan is too clean and so are the leads on the temp probes, your truck has no dirt and your lawn is too well manicured. On top of that, you're too organized with them baggies of meat... Que more, clean less, relax... (ball bustin mod):mrgreen:
I love it! :-D

Matt,

I had a friend ask me to do the same thing. I had the Butt's on the smoker for 5 hours and the radar indicated a huge rain coming in. I pulled them, shut down my smoker and put them in the oven to finish.

How long do you normally smoke Pork butts?

These were 8 lbs each and they were on the smoker from 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm. I usually figure about 1 to 1.25 hours per lb. I cook them until they hit 165 and then foil and back on until around 195. I've done exactly what you described. In fact, one of the butts last night was only at 187, but a wind storm was coming and I decided to shut it down.

Good looking butts!

I love it! :-D

Come on Bo, cut the kid some slack, he's still got plenty of time to get old & lazy :rolleyes:.
Good lookin' eats right there, Matt! For a quick temporary fix for the Guru / rain problem, slip a quart ziplock baggie over the fan & another over the controller.

Come on Bo, cut the kid some slack, he's still got plenty of time to get old & lazy :rolleyes:.
Good lookin' eats right there, Matt! For a quick temporary fix for the Guru / rain problem, slip a quart ziplock baggie over the fan & another over the controller.

Thanks Dave for the idea. I was using a pan flipped upside down for protection if it got too bad.

Hey how much do you charge for shipping???????????? LOOKS GREAT!!!! :)

Back