Review of the Ink Bird Plus INK-1FT01 Infared Thermometer

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Kenink asked me to review this unit. As always I give an honest review.

These units are good to get you in the ballpark with temps on your grill, smoker or surface temp of your protein. Many other uses such as running it up and down an electrical circuit panel in your home to look for loose connections in wiring that can cause a fire etc. There are medical grade ones set for human skin that you might get checked with upon entering a airport or medical office.

In order to understand how they work you should understand the definition of Emissivity. Here is the quick primer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1DsYE7yHeo

Unwrapping of unit:

lGwAIh2.jpg

J0qC6Il.jpg

1iajSeD.jpg

Being a retired HVAC guy I've used many of these units. This really is the best one I've seen. When we needed more accurate measurements for hospital ORs, military bases etc we had equipment for that. This one is the 1st one I've seen that can be adjusted throughout the full spectrum of emissivity (0.00-1.00). And anywhere in between.

The control is good with a color display. It also has a red dot laser sight built in. This type of unit projects a cone. The further away you are the bigger the cone and the less accurate the measurement.

yXA6bKD.jpg

It's built well but I must say the instruction page sucks as it is written in Chinglish. They do include an "Emissivity Of Articles" chart which is nice for many settings.

I looked on Amazon and found them in the $24 range. Kenink said he would give Brethren members 30% off.

Good unit for the price and it works well. I do like the fact that the temp range is claimed to be -58*F - 1022*F.

If I needed one I'd buy it knowing you gave it a good review.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. Wonder how water resistant it is. Only time it rains at my house is when I leave my infrared thermo outside.

I've got their main competitor the Etekcity model. It's never let me down but is considerably more expensive (comparatively). The inkbird certainly looks cooler with the color screen!

Thank you Mike! Such a honest review! appreciate your support and help again:)

And so sorry members,we took a long break for Chines spring festival vacation.

Anyone want to try this unit,we currently support 30% discount off for it! Pls leave a comment,I will send you right away!

Thanks for the review. Wonder how water resistant it is. Only time it rains at my house is when I leave my infrared thermo outside.

I've got their main competitor the Etekcity model. It's never let me down but is considerably more expensive (comparatively). The inkbird certainly looks cooler with the color screen!

Sorry about it,this unit isn't waterproof :sad:

Back