BBQ Guru CyberQ Wifi and iPhone

SoonerChris

Found some matches.
Since the iPhone now longer supports ad hoc networks has anyone fond a solution to wireless get temps besides upgrading to CyberQ Cloud?

Pic for attention

LeqEH1b.jpg

You could try an old android phone or tablet. I'm assuming that android is supported.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just connect the Guru to my home WiFi network, connecting to it from any computer or phone on the same network without any problems. I have a more than five year old LG TV that has a web browser and can connect to and update the Guru on there as well! I’m not concerned about connecting to the Guru when I’m away from home.

I agree with Gary Tomato.

Simply set as a local static IP address on your router. You will be able to connect through the local network.

To reach from outside the local network, you will have to set-up a dynamic domain service (DDNS). It's a service that maps internet domain names to IP addresses. However, unlike DNS which only works with static IP addresses, DDNS is designed to also support dynamic (changing) IP addresses from your Internet Provider.

But if you were only using the ad hoc connection, then there is probably no need for the DDNS.

Back