View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #78
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
First impressions of the Black and Decker Lopper Saw : 100% legit and a great product. Took me 5 minutes out of the box to get it up and running (just needed to add some oil) and it was running like a champ. I'm running with a pretty small offset smoker now...18x30 Pitts and Spits, so having smaller pieces of wood is necessary.

I found it very easy to just grab a split with the teeth (or jaws) of the saw, and immediately start cutting. So far I feel very safe using this saw and haven't had any kickback or issues. It's super easy to use and very quick...it used to take me about 10 minutes to get my miter saw setup as I had to store it in my garage. This lopper saw can sit out right by my smoker and if I need it I plug it in and go to town.

It's already dark here, but I'll try and remember to post a couple pics tomorrow. Not much to see but it sure does make quick work of cutting splits down to a more usable length.
4" doesn't seem like much. Did you have to split logs lengthwise first? I'm definitely interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote